LESSON 25

LESSON 25 
"of your broken soul"

Jisung met Minho back when he was 15 years old, the male was just a year older, but he acted as if he were an adult already. Unlike Jeongin, who was his closest friend back then, Minho felt like someone he could look up to. And as an older brother himself, Minho felt the need to be a good example for both Jeongin and Jisung. Saints are for the church, but Jisung can swear Minho is a step away from getting his own title. Nobody is genuinely nice for long periods, they all want something back. Even if it's just recognition or affection. But Minho simply does things for others, keeps his cool, smiles, is perfectly polite and constantly tries to maintain his relationships in a good state. He never complains, nor can be rude.

Jisung rests his cheek on the palm of his hand, as his eyes stay glued to his best friend, who's warmly smiling at a customer. It's Sunday, and they are supposed to go to Haram's birthday party -the little girl Minho babysits-. But, of course, Minho had to work first, rent and bills aren't gonna get paid themselves. If nobody knows about his babysitting job, what other jobs does he do in secret?

He sighs, "Idiot, making me worry about him" pissed, Jisung moves his gaze away and plays with the metal straw in his smoothie.

"Hyung"

Jisung looks up, "Oh, Sunghoon~ssi" he smiles at the taller male.

Seunghoon smiles back, "Here you go" he places an avocado toast with eggs in front of Jisung, "Soft, not hard. Boss sends it" he smirks.

"Boss?" a cable connects in Jisung's brains, "Lee Minho" he looks at the brunette, who gives him a small wave and a warm smile.

"Just a smoothie won't do, you gotta feed yourself" the younger continues, "He also asked me to say that" Jisung can tell Seunghoon is entirely enjoying this.

"What am I? His child?" reluctant, Jisung moves the plate closer to him, "Thank you, Sunghoon"

"Thank me by sending Sunoo a kiss from me" the male smiles, not a drop of embarrassment in his tone, "I've been working extra shifts, so I haven't been able to see him"

Right, Sunghoon is currently on a scholarship and since his parents don't have much money and live in another city, he works to pay for whatever he might need and not worry them. Ah, Minho is surrounded by far too many nice and hard-working people.

"You can always sneak into our dorms, you know? Even if it's just sleeping next to each other, I'm sure it would be nice, right?"

Sunghoon smiles, "Thank you, hyung" he bows, "Enjoy your meal"

"Thank you for the meal"

Can I be nice too? Jisung rolls his eyes, he has never been a people person, even though he does know quite a few people around campus, and is always charming with them... still. He isn't the most socially prepared person, and he has not deeply cared about it either. It's not like he can't be nice, but Jisung is an anxious person, many things make him uncomfortable and being surrounded by strangers is totally awkward.

Suddenly, Jisung frowns, as an uncertain feeling washes him, overwhelming every single bone in his entire body. His muscles suddenly feel weak and his lips dry. He looks back at Minho, giving a client her coffee order with a smile. How much do I even know you? Minho doesn't share his problems, doesn't mention his money issues, doesn't complain and is never rude. How much sadness and pain is he carrying by himself? How broken is he? Jisung's jaw clenches, angry at himself for not stepping up and actually asking. Suffering on his own.