LESSON 28

LESSON 28
"of a messy Monday

"Sunghoon, table 5's order is ready" Minho sets the iced tea on the tray, "Please make sure to hand them enough napkins, one of those clients is a bit of a messy eater"

Sunghoon nods, "Yes, boss"

The elder rolls his eyes, "Get out of here" with a chuckle, Sunghoon turns around and walks away with the order.

"Minho oppa, we're getting our syrups delivered today. Yuqi unnie was supposed to get them" says Eunchae, as she cleans the counter.

"Right, Yuqi is sick today" the brunette mumbles to himself, "It's supposed to be delivered in two hours" he looks at the girl, who's nodding shyly, "How about you get it with me?"

Her eyes suddenly shine, "Really?"

"Yeah, why not? I could teach you, so you can do it all by yourself next time" he offers the girl a smile, which she immediately returns.

"Yes, yes! Thank you so much!" despite being clumsy at first, Eunchae didn't give up on learning and did everything she was asked to do. Now, she's craving more responsibilities to prove herself!

"Sure" Minho pats her head in a fatherly manner, "Meanwhile, finish up cleaning, so I can teach you how to use the register"

"Yes, sir!"

As the girl walks off, Minho goes back to the front register, taking orders and delivering coffees. Sunghoon helps the male, brewing some coffees, serving some pastries and taking orders to the tables. Luckily for them, despite not having Yuqi, they are managing perfectly. And Giwook is coming in the afternoon, so that's an extra pair of hands Minho will need to organise the storage room.

"Here" Sunghoon sets an iced latte in front of Minho, "My iconic matcha latte with lavender foam, specially for you"

Minho chuckles, "My, my. And what did I do to get your signature drink, huh?"

The younger offers him a concern look, "You look exhausted, hyung" he places his hand on Minho's shoulder, "I know, I shouldn't be getting my nose in somebody else's business. But please; take care of yourself"

"What makes you think I don't?" the brunette sips the drink, smiling at the sweet flavour.

"Oh, I know you don't. So, just try to take it easy and don't overdo it"

"Alright, alright. Should I call you hyung instead?" he teases, arching his pierced eyebrow.

Sunghoon rolls his eyes, "Bite me"

Minho chuckles, "Can you cover for me for a bit? I'll go drink this in the locker room" he takes a longer drink of the delicious latte.

"Yeah, sure, go on"

"Thanks, I'll buy you a cookie for the favour"

The younger glares at him, "Stop spending money on useless stuff!"

Minho laughs, brushing it off and walking to the locker room. It's not big, but enough to change, sit or have a short nap on the small couch. He takes a sit, letting out a big sigh, as his eyes close for a second. His back is aching again, making him feel uncomfortable whenever he's sitting down. The throbbing sensation is annoying him, but it's not his top priority right now. Savouring the sweet lavender foam flavour, mixed with the Matcha and milk, Minho hums with a small smile plastered on his lips. Sunghoon had a great idea indeed.