Chapter Twenty-Seven

*2 years later*

So much has changed.

I got a job as a trainer at the Training Center. It actually pays very well, which gave me enough money to buy a large house. Not as big as Enobaria, but big enough.

I finish up with training the little girl, Bianca and go home. On the walk back, cheering starts going up from the street. I go over to see what's happening.

"What's going on?" I ask a lady.

"The rebellion is over! The Districts won!" She exclaims.

I smile for the first time in a while. "That's great!"

She nods and goes back to the crowd. 

I make it back and go into the kitchen and start making two grilled cheese sandwiches. I take them out of the pan and go to the living room. I turn on the television and see a reporter, Juline Robers talking about the Districts' win.

"Let's talk to the hero's who helped overthrow the Capitol. Right now we have Gale Hawthorne with us!" Juline says.

A tall man appears on the screen. He has grey eyes, dark brown hair and olive skin. He has some injuries here and there but nothinh serious. "Hello Panem." He says.

"So Gale, what was it like, fighting against Peacekeepers?" She asks.

"Well it is hard to kill people, but I used to hunt animals. And really, what's the difference? It was definitely easier when you couldn't see their faces." He replies.

"I see. When did you guys get the upper hand?" She questions.

"Hm, I'd like to say that happened towards the end. At one point we almost lost, but then one of our best soilders, who will be on next, started to kill off everything in his path. That's how we came back up. Then we all gained hope from that, which helped us win." Gale respondeds.

"That's amazing! Thank you! Again, everyone, Gale Hawthorne!" Juline says. "And now for Cato Hadley!"

I freeze for a second when she says his name. Cato's alive?

"Holy shit." I murmur.

Cato comes into the camera and I am shocked by his appearance. He looks like he hasn't aged a day, but he looks like he's seen more than he should have at twenty. He has a slightly grown beard and a bruise on his face. His arm is in a sling and he has a few bandages.

"Hello everyone." He says. It felt almost relieving to hear him speak again.

"Welcome Cato! We heard a lot about your little heroic fight." Juline says.

"Aw, that was nothing." He says.

She points to his arm. "It gave you that cast."

"Alright, it was a little scary, but I'm a Victor, I'm used to running into battles." He replies.

"Right. So where are you headed to now?" She asks.

"Back to Two baby, I'm finally going to see my girlfriend and family after two years." He smiles.

"I'm very happy for you, I bet everyone is." She says on behalf of us.

"Thank you." He replies.

"Once again, Cato Hadley!" Juline says. Cato waves to the camera and leaves.

I turn off the television and let all that soak in. Cato's alive!

I smile at the thought of him being back. I run over to the phone and dial Enobaria.