Epilogue

*3 months later*

"Are you ready?" Enobaria asks.

"I'm really nervous. But yes. I am very ready." I tell her confidently.

"Alright. I'll be in the crowd watching you. Good luck!" She says and slips into the crowd.

I am handed a bouquet and told to wait.

"It's time!" Everest tells me. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you! And I'm so happy you could make it." I tell her.

"Of course!" She hugs me. "Good luck."

My mother comes and stands next to me. "Let's do this girl."

"Thanks for coming mom." I tell her gratefully.

"It's your wedding day sweetie, of course I'll come." She smiles.

The doors open and music swells into the room. I link my arm with my moms and hold my bouquet up. I walk down the aisle and look up to see Cato, whose jaw is almost on the floor. My mother let's go of my arm and sits down at her seat. I hand my bouquet to the flower girl and take Cato's hands.

"Cato, do you take Clove Kentwell for your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" The priest asks.

"I do." He says and puts my ring on my finger.

"Clove, do you take Cato Hadley for your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" I am asked.

"I do." I say. I put his ring on his finger.

"I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." The priest says.

Cato places his hand on the side of my face and kisses me. Everyone claps and the music starts to play again. We walk back down the aisle. As soon as we are out of the room he picks me up and spins me around. I laugh.

"I can't believe it! You're my wife!" He says.

"Yes, I'm now Clove Hadley." I smile and kiss him.

Soon everyone comes out and congratulates the two of us.

Before I know it, it was getting late and time to go home. We get back to Cato's house and I change into comfortable clothes and wash off all my makeup. I undo my hair and brush my teeth. I go back to our room and see Cato passed out on the bed. I lie down next to him and he opens his eyes.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I say.

"It's fine." He sits up and kisses me.

I push his floppy blonde hair out his face. "Cato, I think I'm ready."

He looks confused for a moment. "What?" Then he realizes. "Oh. Clover, are you sure? I mean you've been raped mulitple times."

"Cato, I am ready." I repeat.

"Alright. Tell me if you need me to stop." He says.

"Alright." I strip off all my clothes.

Cato does the same. He sits up and positions himself on top of me. He slowly brings his hands to my thighs. I quickly remind myself that this is Cato, not Avitus. A moan escapes my lips when he starts. This goes on for a few minutes and when he stops I'm almost sad.

"Let's go to sleep now." He suggests.

"Goodnight, Cato. I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too, Clover." He whispers back.