4| let me heal you

JULIA'S POV

I gasp as I sit up on the bed. Just a nightmare. It was just a nightmare. I place my hand over my heart breathing heavily.

I glance at the clock. 2 am. It's late. I turn to the side so I could hug Mattheo when I realize his side of bed is empty.

Oh, fuck.

I immediately take the phone from my cupboard and dial his number. He doesn't answer.

"Oh fuck Mattheo, where are you?" I ask concerned as I drag a hand over my face.

Suddenly the door crack open and I in reflex grab my wand pointing it at the person at my doorstep.

"It's me" Mattheo groans wincing. I take a closer look. He's in wounds and cuts, blood all over him, his blood.

"Oh, fuck, what happened" I ask dropping my wand and walking closer. "You know" he says lowering his head.

He can't even say it. "Your father?" I ask and he nods wincing as he holds onto his side.

"Let me heal you" I say putting his arm over my shoulder and help him get to our bed.

He sits down biting his lip to stop the pain. "Please help me darling, it hurts so bad" he says with tears in his eyes.

"It hurts, it hurts so much" he cries and I immediately take first aid kit. "It's okay, I'm here" I say taking out a wet cloth.

I press it on his wound and he winces bitting back a scream. "What did he do?" I ask sadly.

"You know he let death eaters have some fun" he says, I say sigh. He doesn't deserve this.

"Oh fuck that hurts, that hurts" Mattheo starts as I touched his rib. "It's broken" I say and he drops his head so he's looking at the ceiling.

"Can you heal it?" he asks and I nod taking my wand. "Episky" I whisper and the rib heals.

"Thank you darling. I don't know what would I do without you" he says and I smile slightly but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"I'm glad to help" I say as I wipe the rest of his blood and heal his wounds.

I can feel him staring but I don't mind it. I like it when he looks at me. "You're really beautiful" he says nudging his head into one side.

"You flirt" I say smiling which soon enough drops. "Mattheo, what's this?" I ask pulling his sleeve up.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no. This can't be. This can't be.

Dark mark.

He looks in my direction as now his smile is off his face too. "Julia" he mumbles.

"Mattheo, please tell me I'm blind" I say as tears fill up my eyes. "I'm sorry, I had no choice" he begs crying too.

"Please don't leave me Julia, please don't leave" he begs placing his hand on my hips.

"Mattheo, I won't leave" I say as he starts sniffling. "You won't?" he asks wiping his tears.

"Hell no, but Mattheo how did this happen?" I ask barely holding on not to cry.

"He-he wants me to take after him. To be like him." he sniffles. "Oh, Matt" I say hugging him.

He sobs into my shoulder. "You're not like him, you're never gonna be like him" I say as he sobs even more.

"I'm sorry" he cries. "Don't apologize, don't ever apologize for something that isn't your fault" I say holding him tightly.

"Mattheo, you don't deserve this." I whisper brushing my fingers through his curls.

After a while he finally calms down a bit. "I'll go wash off the blood from me" he sniffles getting up.

He glances at our bed. "Oh, no, I got it all over our bed. I'm sorry I'm so sorry" he starts apologizing.

"Mattheo don't apologize, go shower I'll clean this" I say kissing him. "Thank you, thank you so much darling" he says giving me a peck before going into the bathroom.

I hear the water running. I change the sheets throwing old ones into a washing machine, slightly glancing at Mattheo.

Soon enough when the bed was changed and comfortable I lay down. It's already 3 am. So of course I'm in my Pajamas.

After few minutes Mattheo gets out of the bathroom. Drying his hair with a towel.

I glance at his shirtless chest. It's full of scars and cuts some of them are even old ones.

It breaks me to see it. He didn't deserve any of them. He's a wonderful person that was destroyed by his childhood.

"Come here" I say opening my arms as he walks over and lays down. I wrap my arms around him as he lays on my chest.

I brush my hands through his soft curly brown hair. "I love when you do that" he mumbles. "I love to do that" I say slightly smiling.

"You should do that more often then" he says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Then I will" I say. We lay there in silence. Comfortable silence. Just drowning in each other's presence.

"Julia" he says and I hum in response. "Thank you" he says and I respond with "of course"

"I don't mean for today, I mean in usual. Thank you for putting up with me. For taking me in when no one else would. For being the best girlfriend in the whole world, thank you" he says and I almost die from happiness.

"It's my pleasure" I respond widely smiling as he lays his head back on my chest.

"I love you, Julia Black" he says smiling. "I love you too, Mattheo Riddle" I respond bitting my lip.

And we fell asleep. If only it stayed like this forever.

•|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|•

A/N: anyway, not my best work but it's getting a bit better

Thank you for reading and commenting please vote ☆->★
~love, Juliette