17| you don't know

MATTHEO'S POV

"My son, you did a very good job. I'm so proud" my father says welcoming me with open arms.

He's proud.

"Sit down, sit down" he says as I sit down at the chair opposite of him so we can talk.

"Tell me what you found out about Potters and Blacks capabilities" he asks me.

"Black was drunk, didn't do anything. She couldn't save herself. Potter got everyone out but couldn't save Black out of fire tho" I tell him.

"But Black got out right? We need her for the war" my father says worried. Worried he will lose power.

"I thought so too so I got her out otherwise she wouldn't have gotten out at all" I respond and he smiles.

"Good thinking" he says smiling but I don't smile back. The worst is that I wasn't thinking that.

This is a good reason I saved her but I didn't think of that reason when I was saving her.

I don't know what took over me. I just- I went in. I wasn't thinking. I didn't have a good reason to do so. And that's why I'm afraid.

I'm afraid those feelings, I promised to forget about, will come back. I'm scared I will fall for her again.

Maybe I saved her because our relationship did last long so there is a hint of respect still.

But it doesn't necessarily mean my feelings for her are back. It doesn't mean anything.

"Do you need something more from me, father?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No, that was all, you're dismissed" he says and I nod standing up.

I aparate back to my dorm and drop my things on the cupboard before taking off my jacket and dropping it onto the chair.

I don't even bother to turn on the light. I just sigh dropping backwards on my bed. Same old empty feeling in my heart.

I think of what she said to me. Kind people are strong, you are strong. I can't get it out of my mind.

I can't get myself in order. She messed me up. My head is a mess. Because of her.

This is why we broke up. I think I know who I am and then she fucking comes and messes with my head and my feelings and everything I know.

She makes it twisted. Confused. She changes it. Makes me unsure. I don't know what to belive anymore.

I turn and roll. I try to fall asleep. I put pillow under my head, above. I remove the blanket, I return it. Nothing is helping. Nothing is working.

I don't know why. But I'm rethinking everything. Maybe what I'm doing is wrong.

Maybe I just don't see it. But what if it's right. What if I take everything back? What if I change back to who I was?

Would it make things better? Worse? Normal? How could I know?

Don't be ridiculous Mattheo. Everything's perfect like this. She just tried to trick you.

Yeah, that is only reasonable answer. Not off to sleep.

JULIA'S POV

I wake up. My head is pounding so bad I feel like I'm gonna die. I can't even open my eyes.

But once I finally do, I look around realizing I'm not in my room. I'm on the couch in Slytherin common room.

I rub my eyes and yawn. Thank God, no one is here or else it would be so awkward.

I don't remember half of the ball from last night. "Looks like sleeping beauty is finally awake" I hear Theodore.

"Shut up" I say groaning as I lay back on the couch. "I don't remember anything" I say resting my hand on my head.

"It's for the better. The building got on fire." he says and I immediately sit up. "WHAT- OW" I scream as my head starts hurting from sitting up too fast.

"Yeah, you were actually the only one who didn't get out" he says and I groan my head falling on the couch again.

"Then how did I got out? Who saved me?" I ask. "I don't know" he responds before continuing.

"But when you got to us you were talking how some handsome guy saved you and said his name is Romeo and how ironic is that, blah blah blah" he says and my eyes widen.

Who the fuck is Romeo?

"We all got so worried you know. No matter that we found you, Daphne still fell asleep crying. Enzo fell asleep in Ivy's arm as she was comforting him you're okay and that everything will be fine. You worried us all" he says and I feel bad.

I drank too much. I should have been careful. I knew this is probably a trap but I shruged it off.

"I'm sorry. I should have been careful and I shouldn't have drank a lot" I say lowering my head.

"It's fine" he says sitting next to me. "Just please, mother, don't scare me like this ever again" he says as we both smile.

He hugs me as we laugh. "I am a child of divorced couple" he says hugging me.

"Yeah but it was your father's fault" I say and he nods. "Do you think he did this?" I ask.

"I don't know, maybe, I don't know what to think, he's my best friend and I just feel like I'm losing him" he says lowering his head.

"Yeah, felt that" I say with a sad chuckle. "Julia" he starts but I interrupt him "It's fine. I got over it" I say and he nods.

We just sit there and talk for a bit more. Someone walks in so we turn our heads to see who it is. Riddle.

"Hey, man" Theodore says. "Hey" Riddle says sitting down on the armchair opposite of us.

"What are you talking about?" Riddle says just to start the conversations with Theodore.

"Oh, just about Julia's knight in the shinning armor" Theodore teases as I elbow him laughing.

"Shut up" I say smiling. "You see this princess got saved with a mysterious gorgeous man" Theodore mocks.

"I didn't say that" I deny. "Yes you did. Yesterday while you were drunk and yet you remember nothing of it. I have to remind you" Theodore says and I groan.

"All you know is his name. Romeo." Theodore says making air quotes. "Yeah" I say fidgeting with my rings.

MATTHEO'S POV

I knew I shouldn't have done it. Why did I told her my name is Romeo? Out of all names I pick the worst one.

"When we are talking about this already. Where were you Mattheo?" Theodore asks. Oh fuck.

"I was busy" I respond as Julia rolls her eyes. I can already suspect what she's thinking. 'Busy killing people'.

"Oh, also can we talk for a bit? Sorry Julia, boy talk" Theodore says and she nods.

"Of course, I'm going to Daph anyway" she smiles before going away. We both watch as she leaves.

"Now the truth" Theodore says.

•|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|•

A/N: YOU KNOW WHAT? Okay so my first book is called Romeo and Juliet right? The connection with Romeo and Juliet? Only bc they are from fighting family's like Riddle and Potter and a bit more later. THIS BOOK. It will be connected to Romeo and Juliet 20% TELL ME HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

Nvm, thanks for reading and commenting please vote ☆->★
~love, Juliette