25| Romeo and Juliet

JULIA'S POV

I'm so nervous. "You ok?" Riddle asks tying his shoes. "Fine a bit nervous not that you care" I respond.

"You're right, I don't" he says. "We have to go on stage now" he says and I nod. "Also Julia, this all doesn't mean we're friends, understand?" he asks and I nod. "I agree"

"Good, now let's go" he says standing up as I do the same. Okay, you got this. You reheared this.

You will so amazing. Riddle won't give you much trouble. He's not cruel enough to humiliate you in front of the whole school, right?

~

He takes my hand. "If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: my lips, two blushing piligrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch wih a tender kiss." he says.

"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much which mannerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss" I tell him.

"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?" he asks. "Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer." I respond.

"O then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do, they pray: grant thou, lest faith turn to despair." he speaks.

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake" I respond. "Then move not while my prayers' effect I take" he says.

And then he kisses me.

"Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged" he says slightly pulling away. "Then have my lips the sin that they have took" I say.

"Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged!" he says and kisses me again. More passionately.

"You kiss by th' book" I mumble through the kiss as my hands are wrapped around my neck.

"Madam, your mother craves a work with you" We get interrupted by 'nures' which is played by Pansy.

We immediately pull away and make some room between us.

~

"See how she leans her cheek upon her hand. O, that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!" Riddle says from a distance.

"Ay me" I say. "She speaks" he 'mumbles' to himself. "O, speak again, bright angel, for thou art As glorious to this night, being o'er my head as is a winged messenger of heaven unto the white-upturned wond'ring eyes of mortals that fall back to gaze on him When he bestrides the lazy puffing clouds and sails upon the bosom of the air" he says taking steps closer to the balcony.

"O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll not longer be a Capulet" I say.

"Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?" Riddle asks. "'Tis but thy name that is my enemy. Thou art thyself, though not a Montague. What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face. O, be some other name belonging to a man. What's in a name? That which we call a rose" I say.

"Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized henceforth I never will be Romeo" he says as I act to be stunned.

"What man art thou that thus bescreened in night, so stumblest on my council?" I ask.

"My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself because it is a enemy to thee" he says with a smile.

"Art thou not Romeo and a Montague?" I asks. "Neither far maid if either thee dislike" he responds.

"How cam'st thou hither, tell me, and wherefore? The orchard walls are high and hard to climb, and the place of death considering who thou art if any kinsmen find thee here" I say acting worried.