35| returned

MATTHEO'S POV

I try to calm down. Tell myself it's all gonna be fine.

Not everyone will share Lena's opinion, right? Not everyone will think I'm a monster.

How could I be so stupid? So naive? What did I expect? Who would settle for me?

No one likes my kind of perfect relationship.

Lena made me self conscious again. Is that bad or not? I don't even know. But I know I won't take off my shirt in front off someone ever again.

What if she tells people this? No one will even look in my direction ever again. God, what do I do?

~

All teachers are at the meeting so we, students, are left alone in the Hogwarts to do pretty much whatever we want.

But currently it's lunch time and you know the best way to recover from something is tasty delicious food.

I rush to the Great hall hoping to avoid Lena, Tristan and Julia. The last thing I need right now is to see those two snogging in front of me.

I mean what's so nice about him? I could be nicer. I could be so much of a better boyfriend then he is.

I mean I really hope so. But I lost both of my shots so that definitely tells me something.

It's not easy as it sounds. Being perfect boyfriend. It's impossible. You'll always mess up one way or another. But the most important thing is how bad will you mess up?

I sit down at the Slytherin table and sigh in relief noticing no one is at this table yet. If I'm fast enough might as well not see them whole day.

Maybe I spoke too soon. "Oh my God, isn't this my EX boyfriend" Lena says walking over so the whole hall can hear.

When I tell you everyone is watching.

Please don't do this. My lungs feel non-existant. I can't breathe. I need air. Please, get me air.

"YOU KNOW MATTHEO RIDDLE HAS A SECRET THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT" she yells laughing as everyone come closer to hear her better.

"Lena, please" I try to convince her but she ignores me. "Do you want to tell them or should I?" she asks with that sly smirk on her face.

"Come on, don't do this" I start but she scoffs rolling her eyes. "Seems like I'll say it."

"MATTHEO RIDDLE THE GUY YOU ARE ALL SO AFRIAD OF IS ACUALLY JUST A BROKEN PATHETIC LITTLE BOY WHO GETS BEATEN UP BY HIS FATHER" Lena yells so proud of herself.

Then only for a minute I want to change my mind cause this doesn't feel so right to me. I want to go back in time change everything I did just to get me out of here.

Everyone is chatting, whispering. Voices.

Hahahaha you thought your life was getting better huh

You thought someone will like you

That someone will settle for you like Julia did

Yeah, right. Look at them.

They all think you are pathetic.

A monster.

Worthless.

They should kill you. They are probably thinking off that right now.

I'm hyperventilating.

Stop it. Stop it.

They are laughing. Remember when they laughed at you in the orphanage. How they kicked you into that locker? Remember that.

Remember how they would beat you for food or money. Remember that? How they beat you till you couldn't breathe anymore.

Do you hear them?

STOP. PLEASE. PLEASE. STOP THIS. STOP. STOP THEM ALL. NO, MATTHEO, YOU'RE STRONGER THEN THEM NOW, THEY CAN'T HURT YOU ANYMORE.

THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO YOU. YOU GOT AWAY.

"Mattheo" I hear someone says as they place their hand on mine. I open my eyes as I'm breathing unevenly. Julia.

"Hey, hey, it's gonna be okay. You're fine. Don't mind them, everything will be alright" she tries.

I look around. Everyone's watching, Mattheo. Everyone is watching you break down.

"It's gonna be fine" she starts but I shake my head. "NO, IT'S NOT GONNA BE FINE. NOTHING'S FINE IN FACT EVERYTHING SUCKS"

"CAUSE NOT EVERYTHING GETS BETTER FOR EVERYONE YOU KNOW. YOU THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE LIFE GOT PERFECT TO YOU, IT CAN GET LIKE THAT TO EVERYONE ELSE, WELL GUESS WHAT? IT CAN'T. YOU ARE A TOP STUDENT, YOU ARE EVERYONE FAVORITE PERSON, YOU HAVE A PERFECT BOYFRIEND AND YET ONLY REASON YOUR LIFE ISN'T PERFECT IS BECAUSE YOUR DAD IS DEAD AND YOU THINK BECAUSE OF THAT YOU SUFFER JUST AS MUCH AS OTHER, WELL YOU DON'T, YOU ARE UNGRATEFUL AND SPOILED" I scream as she flinches back.

Maybe I took it too far.

I expect her to return a witty remark. To chuckle. Tell me I'm a jerk. But she doesn't.

"Oh, do not even start. You know what, if you think my life is so perfect let me enlighten you. I live inder pressure of getting good grades and everyone pretends to like me so I'll help them ams then they talk shut behind my back. Exept this group I have no other friends. And my so called perfect boyfriend just cheated on me with a same waitress my ex boyfriend snogged not even even month after breaking up our one year relationship. And do not get my father into this. You know that he died saving me. You know I always wondered why didn't I die instead. I wish I did. So as much as you think this is all my fault it is just equally yours." she says breaking down in front of me.

Her tears spilling from her eyes. She looks up at me one last time before leaving and trying to wipe her own tears.

Enzo wraps his arm around her as he shoots me a glare amd takes her away.

Realization again. Why do I get this when it's too late?

What the fuck did I just do? I

Tristan cheated on her. Pressure. Hate. Bullying. Issues. I put her through everything I was scared off.

"WHAT THE HELL, MAN, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HER? SHE TRIED TO HELP YOU OUT" Theodore says. His face carries sadness, pity, anger.

"I-I" I'm desperately trying to say something but I can't. "You were my best friend but this, this is too much even for you" he says before he turns to leave.

He heads after Julia and I go after him. "Wait" I say after we got out of people's sight.

He turns back shortly. "I'm sorry" I say. "Yeah, well should've think about that sooner, sorry won't change anything" he responds and leaves.

I just lost absolutely everything I had. Every single thing.

And it's all because of me.

•|THE END OF THIS CHAPTER|•

A/N: Don't you just love me :)

Sorry not sorry

Anyway thank you for reading and commenting PLEASE VOTE ☆->★
~love, Juliette