Chapter 5: Final selection

Hikaru was quick to dodge out of the way when Inosuke jumped towards him and held up a hand to make the wild boy stop.
      "Hold on, we will have our fight, but we should move away from everyone first so that they don't get hurt" Hikaru explained and Inosuke blinked before nodding his head and moving a little away and Hikaru followed. The others decided against stretching for now, as they wanted to watch Hikaru and Inosuke fight. They hadn't seen anything to do with the boar headed boy yet, but they had seen just how strong Hikaru was and they wanted to know if he was actually that strong or if they had been shown lies. Also, they wanted to make sure that they didn't hurt anyone after all fighting between corps members wasn't allowed but since Ubuyashiki was fine with it they decided that they would class it as a spar not a fight. Both Inosuke and Hikaru were staring at each other down, waiting for the other to make a move first. In the end it was Inosuke that made the first move as he lunged forward with a punch that Hikaru moves to the side before having to bring his hands up to block Inosuke's elbow that was coming towards his face. Hikaru then jumped into the air to dodge Inosuke's leg that was going towards his feet, he should have grabbed a hold of Inosuke's elbow, but he just blocked it. Thinking quickly, he but his hands on the ground and kicking his feet over towards Inosuke. This time it was Inosuke's turn to dodge, and he does by making use of his flexibility to bend backwards. Hikaru was quick to follow through with the next attack but this time, aimed towards Inosuke's torso. Having seen Tanjiro and Inosuke's scuffle before they were sent to the wisteria house, he knew how flexible Inosuke was, and not even broken bones would stop him. Inosuke wasn't one to hold back either making Hikaru mostly focus on defense but when he saw an opening he was quick to pounce on it. The other demon slayers couldn't help but watch them and make their own comments about their fighting styles.
      "If Hikaru was actually fighting all out, he would have already beaten the other one" Sanami scoffed.
      "I don't know, it seems young Inosuke is rather flexible, and he is also unpredictable" Rengoku beamed brightly. Whenever Inosuke realized that Hikaru had managed to read his next move he would throw in a different move and completely change his style of fighting. Hikaru wasn't slacking either as he easily managed to adapt to the new style.
      "It does make me wonder why Hikaru isn't using more strength, after all we just saw how much strength he is capable of" Shinobu commented.
      "Hikaru won't use that just for a simple spar, that is something he would only use against demons. After all fighting corps members isn't allowed" Tanjiro said while Nezuko was waving her hands in the air, let out 'mmhm's in support of Hikaru. Zenitsu on the other hand was whimpering and holding onto the back of Tanjiro's haori as he watched the fight. He was sure if he even tried to fight them, he would lose in seconds. Genya was watching the fight with keen eyes, hoping that he would be able to use it to grow stronger which is why he was the one to see it before everyone else did.
      "Hold on!" Genya yelled catching everyone's attention, including Inosuke and Hikaru. Hikaru who had paled a few shades and had sweat gathered on his brow. He hadn't been fighting that long and it was all that fierce of a fight so he shouldn't have been like that.
      "You're injured" Genya demanded more than questioned as he glared at Hikaru who just chuckled sheepishly.
      "I wouldn't say that I'm injured after all the injury is nearly healed" Hikaru tried to wave it off. Unfortunately for him, it was at that moment that Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke remembered the wounds that Hikaru had before coming here.
      "Sit, sit down!" Zenitsu shrieked while Tanjiro quickly walked over to Hikaru and pulled him back to the area that they had been sitting in.
      "We haven't finished our fight" Inosuke protested.
      "You can finish it another time, instead I will spar with you" Tanjiro said. Inosuke's face instead broke into a wide, wild grin. He had wanted a rematch with Tanjiro even since he had been knocked out by the others headbutt and now he would get it.

      While the two of them moved away and started to fight again, Tamayo had made her way over to Hikaru with Yushiro.
      "Where and how are you wounded?" She asked, and with Yushiro's glare Hikaru didn't dare to try and lie.
      "It's on my side and it doesn't need to be look at. It's mostly healed into scar tissue now, but it still hurts if it pulls" Hikaru explained, he didn't want to take the bandages off since they were the only ones that he had since he didn't have his box with him like Tanjiro did.
      "How did you get hurt? I did not think that Inosuke's hits had managed to hit that hard and you haven't been in a fight since you got here" Shinobu said.
      "Oh, it wasn't here that I got the wounds. I got them on the mission that I was on before we were brought here. Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke and I were resting at one of the wisteria houses and about to leave for our next mission before we appeared here" Hikaru explained.
      "If your wound is still hurting then you shouldn't be going on a mission" Kanroji worried which earned Hikaru a glare from Obanai for worrying her.
      "It's fine" Hikaru tried to reassure them, but it seems that they didn't believe him.
      "Not that I want to interrupt such a flashy fight, but it will soon be time for this thing to start again" Uzui called. After a simple look at Hikaru, he had turned to watch Tanjiro and Inosuke fighting since he knew that there wasn't anything that he could do for him.
      "Doesn't seem like they want to stop" Muichirou said before yawning and looking at the 'grass' around him.
      'I wonder why this looks so much a field?' He thought.
      "I'll go get them" Hikaru said. They looked like they wanted to protest but Hikaru moved faster and grabbed the back of Tanjiro's haori and placed his hand on the back of Inosuke's neck making both of them freeze in place.
      "It is about to start again so that is enough fighting, you can keep going next break if you want" Hikaru smiled. From the strength that he was using to hold onto them, not even Inosuke was game to fight against him instead he nodded, and they moved to sit down again. A few awed looks were thrown at Hikaru and some Hashira's could help but wonder if he would be able to do the same thing to Uzui and Sanemi when they got to be too much.