Chapter 17: I'll tell Urokodaki!

Everyone was on edge while they waited for the scenes to start once again. They didn't know what they were going to see when they started. Even though Hikaru should have been the one most on edge, he seemed to be the one that looked the most relaxed. Or at least it seemed that way.
"You seem to be taking this rather well" Tamayo said as she approached Hikaru who had moved slightly away from the others as Nezuko was playing a run away game with Tanjiro and Zenitsu while Inosuke was trying to chase the other two boys down to fight.
"I'm glad that you think so," Hikaru said, his fox mask still firmly on his face.
"Perhaps I didn't phrase that right, you are handling this better than any other human would be able to" She corrected.
"Maybe it's because instinctively I know that no demon's blood, even Muzan's, would be able to turn me into a demon" He hummed.
"Instinctively?" Tamayo asked and got another hum in return.
"I don't know how to explain it exactly but I just know that I can't be turned into a demon. I can be ripped apart by them, devoured by them, killed by them but they can never turn me into one of them. At least I don't think so" Hikaru explained.
"Perhaps it has something to do with you being an Akatsuki and what being an Akatsuki means exactly" Ubuyashiki said as he joined them.
"It is strange that I have not heard about the Akatsuki's before," Tamayo admitted. She had been forced to be by Muzan's side for years and yet she had never heard of the Akatsuki's or anybody with the abilities that Hikaru's blood had.
"Not really," Hikaru shrugged.
"Akaza said before, didn't he? That all of the other Akatsuki's have been hunted down and I'm probably the last one alive. If that is true then just like demons the properties of Akatsuki blood have simply been reduced to stories that only certain people know the truth about" Hikaru said.
"That is true. Even my own family who have been fighting against demons since they first appeared only have a few pieces of information about the Akatsuki's and most of it is the same information repeated" Ubuyashiki said.
"What information if you don't mind me asking?" Tamayo enquired.
"Simply that the Akatsuki's use to work close with my family until they withdrew and left. There were even a few that were guards for the family head at one point but we don't even know the names of these Akatsuki's anymore" Ubuyashiki said.
"I don't think that they blame you for not remembering, there are a lot of people that have been left forgotten with no one to remember them" Hikaru said. His thoughts wandered off as he remembered all the pictures that he had within his box and the faces that he remembered that they belonged to. He had promised himself that they would be remembered but if he died on Mt Natagumo, then who would be left to remember them. Whether they were demons or humans all of them deserved to be remembered and not forgotten which just meant that when they were brought back to the real world he would have to make sure that he made it off the mountain even if he didn't in the scenes.
"You seem to have realized something," Ubuyashiki smiled. He might not have been able to see emotions like Hikaru could but they could all see the stress, panic, anger and fear that seemed to be trying to crush Hikaru. Now it seemed that all of that had been pushed away and replaced instead with determination.
"I just remembered something," Hikaru admitted but didn't go into detail. They didn't push him either since he was more than likely personal.
"It's starting again" Tanjiro called out as the countdown got to less than a minute. Everyone once again gathered and sat where they had been. Steeling themselves for what they might see, they turned their attention back to the scenes.

I could hear someone talking, no yelling and I could smell blood, a lot of blood.
"Hikaru.... Hikaru, open your eyes please" I heard and I opened my eyes a little bit and was surprised by Tanjuro in front of me.

Tanjiro's breath caught in his throat while Nezuko made a humming noise while pointing to the scene with a smile behind her muzzle.
"I'm sorry, but who exactly is this?" Shinobu asked.
"That is Tanjuro, he is Tanjiro and Nezuko's father" Hikaru answered while holding onto Tanjiro's hand.
"But I thought that he had passed away," Rengoku frowned.
"He has," Tanjiro confirmed.
"Is that surprising?" Giyuu asked, his head tilted. They once more waited for him to continue on speaking but he didn't say anything more.
"It's not usual for people to see ghosts. I know that Tanjiro and I saw Sabito and Makamo but we aren't even sure how that worked" Hikaru said and that's when they realized what Giyuu realized. They had all moved on from the fact that they had seen the two past water breathing users even though they knew that they had passed on but Giyuu hadn't. Rengoku and Uzui couldn't help but think that perhaps they were misjudging the Water Hashira and they should spend some time getting to know him.
"G-G-Ghosts! Why are you seeing ghosts again?" Zenitsu quivered as he was shaking.
"Honestly, I'm not sure why," Hikaru admitted.
"It's creepy," Zenitsu yelled.
"You're creepy" Sanemi snarled, making Zenitsu shriek and shrink into Hikaru's side which just made Sanemi glare harder.
"Let's just calm down," Himejima interrupted.
"Perhaps it has to do with Hikaru's eyesight," Tamayo theorized.
"It could be, if he keeps seeing ghosts however that might not be the best thing" Ubuyashiki said. No one said anything after that. After all, they were surrounded by people that could and had died at any time and if Hikaru kept seeing them, the mental toll it would take on him would be large.