Chapter 14: Rui wants what?!

Hikaru was glad that they were getting a break before they really got into what would happen in the future. Everyone else seemed relieved as well as tense. After all, they were going into a forest where one of the twelve kizuki were dwelling in.
"So they are going to be going against one of the lower moons? At least it isn't an upper moon" Uzui said, trying to lighten the mood. It didn't work.
"We're doomed! We're going to die!" Zenitsu shrieked.
"We'll be fine," Tanjiro said, trying to calm the blonde down. He was still shrieking until he saw that Nezuko was nodding her head and agreeing with Tanjiro which made him stop and gush over how cute she looked.
"No demon will defeat Inosuke Hasibara, king of the mountain!" Inosuke announced with a smirk on his face.
"I know at least one person who will survive so long as he isn't stupid" Akaza said as he looked straight at Hikaru.
"What are you getting at?" Sanemi demanded, raring for a fight.
"Those three have the possibility of growing strong given time and experience, but you have to realize that he is already levels ahead of them," Akaza said.
"I think you are overestimating how strong I am," Hikaru said.
"No, you're underestimating how strong you are. From what I have seen and been told you are a lot stronger than you think. After all, what lower ranking demon slayer would be able to defeat eight demons at the same time as protecting a human by themselves?" Akaza questioned.
"He is right. I don't think that we would be able to do that by ourselves. Maybe if all of us were together" Tanjiro admitted.
"Speak for yourself," Inosuke yelled.
"You may have gotten hurt but even a Hashira would have a hard time not being injured when fighting against eight different connected demons by themselves and protecting a human," Rengoku said.
"It wasn't anything all that impressive," Hikaru protested.
"You are strong and you will continue to grow stronger given time and experience" Himejima said. No one could argue against that since Himejima wasn't one that handed out compliments easily, especially when it came to someone's strength.
"It isn't just physical strength that we are talking about either, your mental strength probably out ranks nearly everyone here" Ubuyashiki said. The only one that probably had better mental strength was Ubuyashiki himself. Hikaru clenched his hands and looked down. They were wrong, they were all wrong. He wasn't as strong as they were thinking he was. There were plenty of people, like Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke that were stronger than him. He hadn't seen Genya or Kanao fight but based on their auras they were strong as well.
"Everyone has a different way that they are strong" Giyuu's words cut through Hikaru's thoughts. For once the water Hashira didn't look away once he finished speaking, instead he was looking straight at Hikaru.
"Let's just hope that their strength is enough to deal with the lower moon," Muichirou deadpanned. Hikaru saw this as a way to change the subject and latched onto it.
"It's not just the lower moon that we have to deal with and that is what worries me," Hikaru said.
"What do you mean?" Kanroji enquired, her head tilted. Obanai ducked his head to hide his blush at how adorable she looked.
"I said in the last scene, remember, there are six demon auras on the mountain, not just the lower moon that we have to worry about. Which makes me wonder why there are six demons there? Since demons aren't allowed to group together" Hikaru pointed out.
"Not just one demon but six of them?!" Zenitsu whined.
"Rui is one of HIS favorites," Akaza said.
"What exactly are the lower moon's abilities?" Sanemi demanded.
"Not that I have to tell you but there isn't much I can tell since we haven't really interacted. Rui is strong, stronger than his number would tell you but he doesn't bother trying to climb the ranks" Akaza said. He honestly didn't bother to pay attention to the lower moons after all they were always getting defeated and weren't worth his time. They wouldn't be able to even give him a challenge.
"Looks like it is about to start" Tanjiro said after Nezuko tugged on him and pointed to the timer that was nearing zero again.
'So we are about to see the future' Hikaru thought.
'I hope that no one gets hurt,' Kanroji worried.
'I wonder how long it will take for Tomioka and I to get there' Shinobu thought.
'The future, how flashy!' Uzui thought with a grin as the scene began.