Chapter 15: Inosuke gets the name right!

Tanjiro looked at Nezuko and smiled as she was smiling behind her muzzle and waving her hands in the hair happily as Kanroji gently braided her hair just like Kanroji's own hair. His eyes then turned to Hikaru who decided that he wanted to lay down for the time that they had to wait. He couldn't let out a sigh. Tanjiro really wished that Hikaru wasn't such a reckless fighter but he knew why Hikaru was such a reckless fighter. He didn't care about his own life and that broke Tanjiro's heart a little. Now his own thoughts were annoying him so he stood up with a determined air and walked over to Hikaru. Hikaru blinked his eyes open and looked at Tanjiro who simply flopped down and put his head on Hikaru lap with an audible huff.
"Is something bothering you Tanjiro?" Hikaru asked as he placed his hands on Tanjiro's hair and gently played with it. Normally Tanjiro's head would be on his stomach but with his wound Tanjiro refused to do that.
"Yes," Tanjiro said.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Hikaru offered.
"No, it's not something that will change. At least not yet" Tanjiro sighed. Hopefully watching this will make Hikaru realize that his death would impact a lot of people.
"Okay" Hikaru said and didn't push it.
"Oi, Hikaru" Akaza said and everyone stiffened, including Tanjiro, yet Hikaru was still just as relaxed.
"You don't need to yell since we are all here," Hikaru pointed out.
"What does my aura look like?" Akaza asked, it was more like a demand.
"You think you can-" Sanemi snarled.
"Strong" Hikaru cut him off, earning a glare from the white haired hashira.
"Strong?" Akaza asked.
"Yes your color is a dark blue, much like your markings. And there is a deep rooted strength to you, even if you were to be defeated and killed I don't think that would make that strength disappear even a little bit" Hikaru said.
"Huh" Akaza said before walking away from them again. What Hikaru didn't say was that the same deep rooted sadness that Rui held was in Akaza's aura as well. Perhaps even deeper and stronger that Rui's. He didn't think that it was anyone but Akaza's business.
"Hikaru, can I do your hair as well?" Kanroji questioned. Nezuko, who now had her braids, had thrown herself on Tanjiro and was showing them off. Zenitsu was watching from nearby and gushing with a bright red blush.
"Sure, though I don't think it's long enough for a braid," Hikaru said before nudging Tanjiro and sitting up. Kanroji smiled and gently started to run her hands through his hair. Hikaru tried to ignore the glare and burning aura that was focused in his direction from Obanai. Since she couldn't make braids with Hikaru's hair she instead brought it to the sides in two ponytails.
"There" She smiled once she was done.
"Thank you Kanroji. You know" Hikaru said before gesturing for her to come closer so Kanroji tilted her ear close to him.
"If you wanted to do someone else's hair, Obanai's hair is just as long as mine is" Hikaru whispered and Kanroji blushed bright red. Uzui and Zenitsu were the only two that heard, the blonde looking at Hikaru, not understanding how he could be so close to a beautiful lady and not do anything. While Uzui was smirking widely, he knew what Hikaru was trying to do and he was going to have to help him out with this. After all everyone knew the feelings that Obanai and Kanroji had for each other but neither of them seemed to be wanting to act on them so maybe they just needed a bit of a nudge?
"I um I...." Kanroji tried to get out but she was blushing so much that she couldn't seem to get any more words out. Uzui was quick to direct everyone's attention elsewhere so that Obanai would actually accept, after all if everyone was watching there was no way that the prickly male would ever accept. Various looks were traded a few minutes later when the scene began and Obanai now had his hair in a single bun but no one said anything after seeing the look that promised death if they said anything on said man's face. And if Hikaru was happy to just soak up the happy aura that both Obanai and Kanroji were giving off he didn't say anything either.

Watching the demon in front of me licking his fingers to get my blood off them I couldn't help but sigh as madness grabbed hold of his aura and held it tightly. It was one of the most unnatural things that I had ever seen happen to someone's aura. If I was going to use my blood as a weapon though I would have to get used to it because a lot more demons would fall to the madness before I was finished.