Chapter 8: Incoming, one unfriendly demon and two friendly demons

"Are you going to do anything about them?" Tanjiro asked as he, Zenitsu, Inosuke and Hikaru watched the Hashira's getting angrier over who was going to teach them.
"I think it's best to just stand back and let them get out all the anger,'' Hikaru said.
"Y-Y-Yeah. I w-wouldn't want to g-g-get in the middle of t-that," Zenitsu said, his fear multiplying from the Hashira's tense smiles towards each other.
"Seems like fun" Inosuke grinned and Tanjiro and Hikaru had to quickly grab him to stop him from charging towards the Hashira's to start a fight.
"Honestly you can't just start fighting everything and anything around you if you feel like it," Hikaru sighed.
"Why not?" Inosuke demanded.
"Because some people aren't like us they don't know how to fight nor are they strong. They are the people that we are trying to protect from the demons," Tanjiro explained.
"If they can't survive then they are just weak," Inosuke said. He wasn't understanding what they were trying to get him to understand.
"Think of it this way, when the animals that you grew up around were younger their parents took care to hunt for them correct?" Hikaru asked.
"Yeah" Inosuke nodded. He remembered that, until the younger beasts were older the older ones would protect and hunt for them. At least until they were older and had to learn how to hunt from himself.
"It's a bit like that, the other humans around us haven't learnt to fight so they are vulnerable so we need to take care to protect them. So we shouldn't fight where they can get hurt" Tanjiro picked up.
"Why don't they just learn how to fight?" Inosuke questioned. He really wasn't understanding this.
"Not everyone knows about demons, they have hidden themselves and that is why we can't fight against demons in front of the people," Tanjiro said.
"Huh. Don't get it," Inosuke said. Tanjiro and Hikaru sighed.
"Hopefully watching this will help you understand," Hikaru said. They had not idea how else that they were meant to explain it.Tanjiro had just laid Nezuko down and gently patted her head as she was sleeping when he noticed that Kanao was sitting down on the blanket again, the others were still either getting water or speaking to each other.
"Hello" Tanjiro smiled in greeting. Kanao's normal smile was on her face and she looked at her coin as she flipped it. She nodded her head in greeting to him before turning to Nezuko, none of her curiosity showing on her face.
"Nezuko has fallen asleep again, since she recovers energy by sleeping. I think it's best if she sleeps whenever she feels like it," Tanjiro explained. He didn't know what else to say as Kanao nodded and turned back to the stone slab so he stayed silent.
"Alright enough!" Hikaru announced sharply and the Hashira's who were still arguing over who would teach who.
"No one is teaching anyone anything at the moment and it is not up to you to choose who will train under you. It will be up to us who we train under if we decide we want to train under anyone. Now, it's about to begin again so I suggest that we can sit down and wait for the timer to finish" Hikaru said.
"Well said Hikaru, we shouldn't make any decision until we have more information" Ubuyashiki said. And with that the matter was dropped and the Hashira's once more sat down, just as the timer ran out.

Walking on no sleep was taking its toll on me so I decided to get a small bite to eat and have a nap before continuing on my journey which seemed to go on forever when there was no one to keep me company except for Kuro of course but he preferred to fly ahead of me.

"Hikaru, while it is important for you to hurry to the next mission, you should really rest when you need to," Ubuyashiki said.
"It is not good to get into a fight while hungry and tired," Himejima said. If Hikaru had needed to fight right at that moment there was a large chance that he would have lost his life.
"I will make sure to remember that," Hikaru said. He should have realised that from when he was training with Urokodaki. It seems that there are still a lot of things that he needs to learn.

I hope that the demon slayer that I am going to meet up with was nice or they at least weren't that angry boy from the Final Selection but then again I would like to get to know him a little better, he seemed like an interesting person.