Chapter 9: Attack commences

"They can't just stop it there!" Uzui yelled as he glared at the screen. Three demons had just appeared and attacked Tanjiro, Nezuko, Hikaru, Tamayo and Yushiro and now they had to wait for fifteen minutes until they saw what happened.
"It is troubling that the three demons decided to attack," Ubuyashiki said.
"It is even more troubling that they were able to find them since they were hidden behind a demon art" Himejima said.
"Y-You two g-g-got attacked by t-three demons?" Zenitsu stuttered out as he looked at his friends? Were they friends since they had only just met?
"Yeah, but don't worry. We managed to defeat them" Tanjiro smiled.
"How?!" Zenitsu shrieked, he couldn't even think of being able to take down one demon let alone three.
"Hahaha of course they did," Inosuke cackled. He wanted to fight against them again, he would get stronger and defeat them. Anything they did, he would do better and faster.
"I'm going to go explore for a little bit. Maybe catch some fish if I find any" Hikaru decided as he got up.
"In that case I'll start a fire so that when you get back we can cook them while waiting for the next part to start" Tanjiro offered.
"Thanks" Hikaru said as he walked away. In truth the reason that he wanted to explore was easy, he needed some time to himself. Watching all of this was dragging all of his memories to the surface again when all he wanted to do was not to forget them but to leave them firmly in the past where they belonged. He followed the river for a little while and realized that the river led to a large lake of water. Sure enough there were fish in the water and he set about catching them. He focused his mind on catching fish and nothing else so it was a surprise that when he caught something out of the corner of his eyes he jumped.
"Save....Save him" The voice was nothing more than a whisper in the wind as once more the blue spirit appeared faintly before disappearing.
"Protect him" Another ghost-like figure that faded just as fast as it appeared.
"We already know that you want to save and protect someone, so if you could just tell us who it is you want us to help we would know what you wanted" Hikaru said. He got no answer. Sighing, he turned back to the fish. He continued to fish until he had enough for everyone to have at least two decently sized fish. Hikaru had no idea about everyone's appetites since he had only just met most of them but this, paired with some of the fruits would have to do. And since he didn't even know if they needed to eat, he didn't want to catch a lot of fish only to find that they couldn't eat them. Now he just had to gut and descale them. Without any tools, this was going to be hard. Or it would have been if he didn't hear a thump and turned to see a knife now sitting next to his pile of fish.
"....."
Deciding that he would tell the others about this before doing anything drastic he turned to gut and descale the fish before heading back to the others.

"Oh, where did Hikaru go?" Kanroji asked as she realized the younger demon slayer was within sight.
"He went to explore a little and catch some fish for us to eat," Tanjiro said.
"In that case I'll go grab some fruit," Kanroji smiled.
"I'll go with you if you want" Obanai offered.
"Yes please" Kanroji said blushing so her face was just as pink as her hair.
"I'll help young Kamado with the fire," Rengoku said. Not only did they need to start the fire but they also had to find sticks that could be used for the fish.
"Should someone go after Hikaru?" Zenitsu wondered.
"I think that it's best if we just let him be for now," Tamayo suggested.
"Yes" Zenitsu said, a blush darker than Kanroji and he soon flinched when Yushiro's fierce glare was directed towards him.
"Hmm, hmm" Nezuko hummed before she got up and dashed away from Tanjiro who was quick to turn to see where she was going.
"Careful Nezuko" Hikaru said as he let the girl hug her but couldn't hug back. He was using both of his arms to hold the fish.
"Give that here" Genya said as he grabbed over half of the fish and walked over to the fire with them.
"How did you manage to prepare these fish? We don't have our swords" Uzui realized.
"That's the thing, when I was thinking about needing something to prepare the fish this knife appeared next to me" Hikaru explained as he grabbed the knife that he had tucked into his belt.
"That is strange," Ubuyashiki frowned.
"Does that mean that anything that we think about can appear?" Shinobu enquired.
"I don't think so," Giyuu said.
"I'm sure during all of this, all of us have wished for something but nothing has shown up," Rengoku said.
"Hmm. Tanjiro, can you come and take this" Hikaru said before he held the knife out.
"Okay" Tanjiro was confused and didn't really know what Hikaru was trying to do but he got up and walked over. As soon as the knife was in Tanjiro's hand it burst into a blue light and disappeared like it was never there.
"What the fuck was that?!" Sanemi demanded. Everyone was on their feet and looking towards where the knife had been. Hikaru looked back down to his hand just as a knife showed up in his hand.
"Are you kidding me?" Hikaru demanded, his eyes narrowed.
"So it is only if Hikaru thinks of something," Ubuyashiki said.
"And it disappears if he tries to give it to someone else," Himejima said.
"It's not just that, it's pulling from my memories. This knife is the first knife that I made with my Otou-san" Hikaru said.
"Hey guys, we brought back a lot of fruit," Kanroji called out.
"Did we miss something?" Obanai questioned, his eyes narrowed as he took in the expressions of those around him.
"I'll explain, why don't you help Rengoku and Tanjiro with starting to cook the fish," Ubuyashiki suggested and Hikaru nodded, heading to the small fire.
"Maybe you can get some salt and spices," Tanjiro smiled and Hikaru nodded. Soon enough they had the fish spiced and put over the fire to cook just as the viewing began again.