Chapter 13: To the mountain we go

Hikaru couldn't help but giggle a little at the incredulous looks that he and Tanjiro were getting after all he knew that normal friends didn't kiss, especially if they were the same gender.
"Are you sure you are only friends?" Genya managed to ask, his face was bright red and he couldn't look Hikaru in the eyes.
"Yes. We are only friends and I think that is all we ever will. Just because we trade kisses doesn't mean that we are promising ourselves to each other" Hikaru said as he looked rather sad.
"Let's be honest, there's no way that the type of love that I feel will ever be right in the eyes of those around me so I can't think of getting married or anything like that. As soon as everyone finds out who I choose to love they will judge me. I'm also a demon slayer who could die at any moment, so as long as I have their consent why can't I kiss them?" He continued.
"There is nothing wrong with that," Ubuyashiki smiled. He could tell that there was something else that Hikaru wasn't saying but he would leave it alone until he was ready to speak about it.
"I'm going for some water," Hikaru said as he walked away.
"Should we go check on him?" Kanao questioned, looking at her sister.
"It's best if we leave him be for now," Tanjiro said with a pained look. It was obvious that he knew something.
'I wonder if he would kiss me?' Giyuu thought but shook that out of his head, they didn't really know each other well so it wasn't likely that Hikaru would kiss him. Since they were on break everyone broke away and were talking about what they had just watched or keep a close eye on Akaza. Akaza on the other hand was trying to figure out why he had been brought here, sure he had heard something about a chance or whatever but why him? He understood Tamayo and her demon since they had broken away from Muzan and didn't kill humans for what he heard as well as the demon girl that apparently didn't kill humans but he wasn't like them. He had killed people and still killed people to eat so why did he get a so-called second chance? And actually who decided that he wanted a second chance? At least this gave him a chance to get information, maybe it would help him to time the blue spider lily that Muzan had them hunting for.

"I don't trust him" Sanemi growled, his eyes hadn't looked away from Akaza and if anyone had paid attention they would have realized that he had put himself between the demon and Genya who was being talked to by Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke.
"None of us do," Himejima assured him.
"The demons gaining information about us may be a problem but this is only one demon. He might be an upper moon but I believe that there is a reason that he was brought here" Ubuyashiki said.
"Oyakata-sama, if any of this information gets back to Kibutsuji it could put all of us at risk, especially if he tells him about how we defeat him" Shinobu pointed out.
"After seeing this I don't think that anything from the future will happen the same" Ubuyashiki said.
"Let's just hope that it ends up being for the better," Himejima sighed.

Hikaru sighs as he washed his face in the river and looked at his reflection in the water. Reaching up he dried his face off with his haori before putting his mask on. He really hoped the others didn't judge him on his choice to kiss whoever he wanted if he had permission, he really didn't want to have to put up with those judgemental colors. If they did well.... Well he would just try to put up with it and make sure that he didn't go near them once he left here. When he stood up fully he yelped and nearly ended up falling into the water. He would have ended up in the water if Muichirou hadn't reached out and grabbed his haori and stopped him.
"You need to work on your balance" He commented.
"Normally my balance is fine, it's just that I didn't think that I need to keep up my guard at the moment" Hikaru shrugged. Muichirou stared at him before looking towards Akaza and looking back at Hikaru.
"He isn't about to just lose it and attack us and it's not like we can do anything about it. Anyway, is there something that I can do for you, Tokito?" Hikaru asked.
"What was it again?" Muichirou wondered. He knew that there was something that he wanted to talk to Hikaru about but he couldn't remember.
"Ah that's right, you wanted a nickname right?" Hikaru remembered. Ah that was why he came over.
"Yes," He nodded.
"I don't really understand why you are so caught up about nicknames when they are just things I call people in my mind when I don't know their names," Hikaru said. Muichirou frowned but before he could say anything Hikaru continued.
"But if you want a nickname so much.... Hummingbird" Hikaru said. Muichirou blinked before smiling a small smile.
"I like that, you can call me that from now on" Muchirou nodded his approval before heading to sit back down.
"Please don't tell me that you guys want nicknames as well" Hikaru sighed as he saw the rest of the Hashira looking at him as well as Kanao. Genya was grumbling that if he wanted a nickname, which he didn't, he would want one that wasn't Angry Boy.
"Give me time to think of them," Hikaru sighed. Thankfully it was about to start again so he had this whole scene to think about them.