Chapter 7: To the first mission we go

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that if you wish to see another Demon Slayer character added then feel free to comment. Also if you have read the fanfiction that they are reacting to and didn't understand something in it then please comment about it and I will try and explain while writing this fanfiction. Thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy this fanfiction.

      Just like other times people broke into groups to discuss what they had just seen but instead of either staying with Tanjiro or speaking with the Hashira, he headed over to Genya. Genya had gone to the side away from everyone else as soon as the countdown had appeared.
      "Are you okay?" Hikaru asked, making Genya jolt and look up at him. He hadn't expected anyone to come over to him.
      "I'm fine," Genya said, looking away, a frown still on his face.
      "You do realize that I can see emotions just like in the scenes" Hikaru said and Genya scowled.
      "I'm fine," He insisted.
      "Okay, for now I'll believe you even though we both know that's not the truth. If you do need to talk to someone, whether it's to vent your anger or just for a listening ear, let me know" Hikaru said before he walked away. While he could see emotions he wasn't in the practice of exposing the emotions and making people talk about them. After all, just because he knew the emotions didn't mean that he understood what had caused them. The only reason that he had decided to talk to Genya was because along with anger he had hatred in his aura, not any hatred though, self-hatred. That was one emotion that Hikaru hated to see. After all he felt it all the time so when others felt it, he wanted nothing more than to make it go away.
      "Hikaru, if you do not mind we could take a look at your wounds if you want?" Tamayo offered and while Yushiro looked like he wanted to be anywhere else he wasn't walking away.
      "It's fine. I'd rather not chance you two coming into contact with my blood until I figure out exactly what is going on with it" Hikaru said.
      "You said that it was mostly scar tissue before," Yushiro said, his eyes narrowed. Hikaru stayed silent.
      "Let's move further away,'' Tamayo said. Hikaru noticed that Tanjiro was looking towards them and decided to agree. If the others found out that he had lied about his wounds then it would be anything but good.
      "The wounds are fine really and I didn't fully lie. The wound on my side is starting to scar over, it's just that sometimes the scar tissue rips and so it bleeds, hence why I still have it bandaged" Hikaru explained.
      "Has it started to bleed since we have been here?" Tamayo asked.
      "Strangely, no. Even when I was sparring against Inosuke and I thought my side had started to bleed, it hadn't" Hikaru answered.
      "I would like to see the wound if you don't mind. I promise not to touch unless you give me permission and if we need to do anything then I will ask Shinobu-san to come over and assist" Tamayo promised. Hikaru sighed before nodding, knowing that he wasn't going to get out of it. Since they were away from the others they couldn't be heard, only Zenitsu and Uzui had a chance if they really tried since they were also right next to the stream. Yushiro was nice enough to stand behind Hikaru with his arms up and out to block Hikaru from their view. When he took his shirt off and carefully undone the bandages, knowing that they would need to use them again, Tamayo couldn't help but have her eyes widened. She had seen a lot of different wounds before but this one was rather gruesome.
      "What happened?" She questioned. The sides of the wound still looked red and inflamed but other than that it seemed to be healing well.
      "You're going to see anyway but I got injured on a mission and I could either bleed out or heat seal the wound" Hikaru explained.
      "I see. The wound looks to be doing well though we will have to keep an eye on it" Tamayo said, not giving away any of her other thoughts. They got Hikaru re-bandaged and he headed over to the rest of them.
      "Yushiro," Tamayo said.
      "Yes?" Yushiro asked, his back straightening and his eyes sparkling.
      "I want you to keep me keep an eye on Hikaru. He probably doesn't realize it but he is favoring his side" Tamayo said. Yushiro pouted and gritted his teeth when he looked at Hikaru but he nodded his acceptance. He may not think much of the people that they were stuck with, but he would do anything and everything that Tamayo asked of him. Tanjiro had watched as Hikaru was taking a little ways away to speak to Tamayo and Yushiro but his attention was quickly taken by Giyuu who was asking him about the time that he spent with Sabito in more detail. Since he now knew that Giyuu had been Sabito's friend he was only happy to tell him everything that had happened.
      "It is starting again," Kanao called out. She had mostly stayed silent since her coin tossing had mostly landed on the side that meant that she would stay silent but she had been wondering about Nezuko and Tanjiro ever since she had found out about them. Were they truly not a threat? Was Nezuko really not like the demon that had taken her older sister away? She would have to wait and see.