Matt Duchene

this one if for MrsMattDuchene

When you started dating Matt Duchene, professional hockey player, you knew the risks of dating a pro. People would send you hate, others would be nice, others would try and break you up, then there were rumors. The late nights and the lonely nights. Stress and tough losses. But you loved Matt and thought you would be able to deal with it.

You sat at home watching the post game interviews. The avalanche had lost tonight and the players were being pestered about why they had an off game.

Matt was not going to be in a good mood when he game home, you knew that from watching the way he was talking in the interviews.

About an hour after that you heard the front door slam close. Matt didn't say anything to you as he walked into the room. He want into the kitchen and grabbed a beer. Following behind him, the two of you stood in the kitchen.

"How are you doing?" You asked him. He took a gulp of beer and looked at you.

"I'm not in the mood Y/N," He snapped at you. Taking another beer from the fridge he drank that one also.

"Matt.." You took a step toward him. "You can talk to me."

"You are so pushy Y/N!" He shouted at you. "I told you I'm not in the mood. That means I don't want to talk about it. "

Taking in a deep breath you looked up at him. "I'm sorry I care." You say sourly.

"Well I wish you didn't. I wish you would leave me alone." He yelled slamming the glass bottle on the counter making it shatter.

"Let me help you." You say seeing his hand bleeding.

"I don't want your help and I don't need it either. I don't want you here also." He said through clenched teeth.  His words hurt a lot, and you were on the verge of tears.

"Well if that's how you feel then, good bye Matt." You turned around and got your purse before walking out the door.

You drove to your best friends house and knocked on the door. It was raining now and you were soaking wet when she finally answered the door. There was no nee for words, she rushed you inside and gave you dry clothes. \

The two of you sat on the couch. She comforted you as best she could. Not soon after she had fallen asleep. You weren't tired yet. You couldn't believe that you and Matt were over.

There was a soft knock at the door. You got off the couch and opened the door. Matt stood there soaking wet with puffy red eyes.

"Y/N," His voice was rasp. "Can we talk?"

"I don't know are you going to be rude to me again." You snapped him. Furious with how he acted earlier and no showed up here.

"I'm so sorry." He choked. "I took you for granted. I always though you would stick by me no matter how I would treat you. I was a jerk and when you left  I lost it. If I could take it back I would. I need you Y/N."

"Matt, I don't know..." You trailed off. Seeing him her at 3 in the morning, you realized how big of a mistake was. Both you and matt loved each other and had things you needed to work on. "Just promise next time you will talk to me."

"I promise." He kissed your lips.

You wrote a note to your best friend explaining you went back to Matt's house and you would text her later. Together you and Matt curled up in bed and fell asleep.