Jamie Benn

Another one in my series of attributes to my number 1, the Dallas Stars.

The sounds of laughter woke you up, reaching over you felt that the bedside next to you was empty. Rubbing your eyes, you got up and went to go find where the force of laughter was coming from. You made it down the stairs before the smell of bacon and coffee filled your nose.

"Mmm, smells amazing in here." You said walking into the kitchen. In there was Jamie and your 3 year old daughter, making breakfast. 

"Mommy!" Emma shouting, giggling. "You're were suppose to stay in bed." she pouted.

Walking over to her and helped her unsteady hand. "Well with the delicious smells coming from down here, it was impossible to." You said to her. She giggle.

"It was my idea," She said, smiling. 

"well thank you Sweetie." You said to her as you stood next to Jamie. He kissed your cheek.

"Good morning babe." He said to you. "Your coffee is over there." He pointed to the counter. You went over and grabbed the mug. Leaning against the counter, you smiled as you watched your husband and daughter finish making breakfast. It was adorable the way they interacted with each other. You knew Jamie hated it when he had to travel during the season and wasn't able to be at home with you and Emma. It was tough raising a kid almost on your own at time, but you managed. But time's like these were forth all the struggles. 

You sat down next to Emma at the table, across from Jamie. You ate your breakfast. "This is very good, Emma. Thank you." I said to her.

She giggled. "Thanks Mommy, but Daddy helped a little bit." 

"Well thank you Daddy." I said teasing Jamie slightly. He winked at you and put another pancake on his plate.

"So we have a home game tonight, Emma, Y/N, would you guys like to go?" Jamie asked you guys.

Looking over at Emma, she sat there with her thinking face. She scrunched her nose up. "Can I wear my Uncle Seggy jersey?" She asked. Emma loved Tyler and vise versa. 

"Yes you can Sweetie." I said to her.

"Okay, then yes Daddy, I want to go to the game." She smiled  at Jamie. He shook his head and ate more pancakes.

"I have to be at morning skate in 30 minutes. I'll get your tickets and bring them home. We'll have to leave at 4:30 tonight. Is that enough time for you to get ready." Jamie said, directed at me more, jokingly.

"Haha, yes. Now go, I'll do all the dishes. Emma, finish your food." I said. Jamie kissed both me and Emma before leaving.

Time jump.

I helped Emma get dressed as Jamie finished up getting ready. He came downstairs  wearing a grey suit, fixing his tie. 

"Ready?" Jamie asked. I nodded my head and grabbed my black jacket and Emma's coat as we walked to the car. 

Emma talked the whole car ride. We arrived just as Tyler got there and she went running over to him. Tyler picked her up and carried her on his shoulders into the rink. Jamie and I walked slowly into the arena. He held my hand and smiled down at me. 

"I have no idea where Seguin went with Emma." He said. 

"Probably down to the locker room." I said laughing. Sure enough Tyler was in the locker room with Emma and some of the other guys. They were playing knee hockey with Emma and it was really cute. Once Coach Ruff walked in, you wished Jamie good luck and the rest of the boys before taking Emma to find your seats.

Jamie knew you hated being up in the box with the other wives, so he got you seats right by the glass. When the team came out to practice, Emma waved to all the boys and kept shouting Daddy and Uncle Seggy as they skated by. Each lap Tyler made a funny face at her, causing her to laugh. 

Towards the end of warm ups, Jamie went to the glass and made a kissing face on the glass. Emma leaned over and kissed the glass also. He mouthed I love you, before skating off. 

Emma turned back at you and started talking about Jamie. Throughout the game, both of you cheered loudly for the Stars. They ended up winning 3-0. Emma kept begging to go back to the locker room, so you took her, waiting for Jamie to come out. 

Of course Jamie and Tyler were one of the last 2 to come out. Jamie was smiling happily as he walked out. Tyler took Emma from your arms and you guys walked out to your cars.

"great game babe." You said to him kissing his cheek.

When you reached Jamie's car, you turned to take Emma back from Tyler, when Tyler asked, "Can Emma stay with me tonight? Please" He begged.

"Yeah Mommy, can I stay with Uncle Seggy?" Both her and Tyler made the same pouting face.

"Fine, take good care of my daughter Tyler." I warned him and said goodnight to Emma.

When you and Jamie got into his car he turned to you. "I'm glad Tyler took Emma, because now he can celebrate that win tonight." He said to you leaning over and kissing you softly.