Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

For tsegs91

I sat in the stands cheering on my boyfriend, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. He was playing in the NHL all-stars game, and I was so proud of him.  This was one of his dreams and he finally got his dream. We've been dating now for 3 years and it was the most amazing time of my life. Watching him do what he loves always made me smile.

Skating up the ice, he got past the defense men. Shooting the puck, it went in between the goalies legs. The clock was counting down and his goal out them in the lead. I cheered for his goal.

He looked up at me and pointed. I smiled at him and continue to cheer.

His team ended up winning the game. Family members from both teams got to go out on the ice afterwards. I walked over to him and he smashed his lips against mine. It was like a thousand little fireworks went off.

"I love you Addy." He whispered in your ear after breaking the kiss.

"I love you too Ryan." You smiled up at him.

Later that evening we went out with all the players. Ryan was acting a little weird. Getting up from my seat at the bar I went over to him.

"Hey." I sat down next to him. He draped his arm around my shoulder.

"Hi." He said back.

I looked up at him. "What's wrong?"

"I wanted to do this after the game earlier, but I got to nervous. Addy you are the most amazing person I have ever met in my entire life. You put up with me through everything, even when I'm in bad mood after games and through tough times like when my grandfather passed away. You are my rock and I love you with all my heart." He got down on one knee. Everyone was looking at us now. "Will you marry me?"

"Yes." I said, barely audible. I was in shock. He slipped the ring onto my finger. It was a perfect fit. The ring wasn't anything crazy, it was simple which it what I wanted.

Ryan picked me up and spun me around. "I love you so much." He brushed away my tears.

"I love you too." I cried into his shoulder. We had talked about the idea of getting married one day, but I never expected him to do it so soon. None the less I was over joyed and couldn't wait to be Mrs. Nugent-Hopkins.

That night we lay in bed together.

"I'm so happy you said yes." He said turning to face me.

"I'm so happy you proposed." I smiled back at him.

We had our fights and problems, but that always seemed to make our relationship stronger. And I knew we would be happy together.

"Goodnight." He kissed my nose.

"Goodnight." I said back before curling up against his body and falling asleep.