Aftermath

(5K views and 200 star has been really crazy, thanks everyone for your support so far, the story is starting to reach nearer and nearer to it's end now.)

While the aftermath of the battle left the scout regiment in shambles, with the threat of the titans gone they have a lot of time to recover. He and Hanji really did receive backlash for his rapid promotion but the sentiment soon faded with his competency being reviewed and assessed to clear the bar.

As winter rolled around they worked hard to create heating and shelters for the people. After the snow fell around the walls the executioner from hell finally stopped. No titans were spotted after.

In the month that followed they paved the roads. Using his titan to help clear the path. The outside of the wall was being worked on while the inside was as well. Commerce and construction rapidly starting with the threat of titan lowering for now. The train being opened to public. After the roads were constructed they also planned to make rails in wall Maria.

The Warhammer titan parts also helped in his road construct. He managed to use his titan hardening more proficiently in tandem with his Sea Titan's ice. Which combined allowed him to easily create tools. Using that they quickly paved a road all the way to Shiganshina.

Once spring arrived the roads were already bustling with people. The inside of the walls were rapidly industrialised in the few months. Plumes of smoke rises from the districts and cities. Three more trains were ordered for construction as well. Both by the military and civilians alike. These are all being assembled manually but the industrial city has already began making space for their construction specifically.

People were permitted to return to their home districts in wall Maria roughly two months later, after all titans had been confirmed to be defeated thanks to the reconstructed balloons.

The plane proved to be too challenging of a task for the backward technology of the walls. With him being the one to mark the cancellation of the project. It drew too much focus away from trains and other developments. Instead, he redirected the focus to a more feasible tool for them. An airship.

He and Hanji experimented with the hardening extensively. Eventually, they found a perfect mix of his hardening. Using his scales over large pieces of cloth and draping it with warhammer hardening. Creating an light yet harder than steel material. It's property being shared with Kevlar. It is a pretty boring use of the warhammer titan's partially stolen ability but at least he got to make use of it more.

For now this was the only thing they could substitute for. He would make sure that Paradis doesn't have an over reliance on his abilities later. They have to focus on short term advancements until they have access to Hizuru's technology.

Using these plates or hardening they assembled a frame for the airship. It being finished nearly 4 months later despite the use of his titan. Later they also created a sturdy frame of more traditional materials. The engineering corp collaborated with the scout regiment on this project.

He managed to entice many factions into investing into this project. The engineering corps being as willing as ever to innovate, with the backing of him and Hanji from the survey corp was the base. With the garrison and military police agreeing to it. The prospect of a "floating fortress" is tantalising for the higher ups. Zachary especially being interested and allocating funds.

While Historia is hesitant in taking part in the inner politics of funding she still helped him. Speaking of Historia, nowadays he was also visiting her a bunch more. They were already close friends but they're much closer nowadays.

Even with the supposed it would still be difficult to fit weapons onto it though, and without the technology for it they also couldn't move it around. Propellers don't exist yet and the only reason it could even float was because of the miraculous properties of Ice burst crystals. At most they could expel gas to move it forward like ODM gear.

6 months in after the battle the first major industrial fire was caused by the rapid development. Uncareful planning created a widespread fire that would have otherwise needed luck to put out. However, he was deployed to the city and easily put it out with a storm.

Around this time food shortages has also finally ended. With the resizing of wall Maria they were able to grow and harvest food through the seasons. Alleviating the many year long shortage. Through request of nearby farmers as they happen to pass the area once he was also used to create rain on the crop fields. This led to the idea of creating reservoirs for later and using his titan ability to cause storms over the area for days on end to fill it up.

Roughly eight months later Shiganshina and other districts have been fully integrated with military presence returning to the HQs across the four districts. Being quickly repaired with the southern one finishing quickest with his titan's assistance. The location being used as the new scout HQ. Rail roads were also being commissioned and were planned to reach through the districts.

Ten months later the scout regiment begins planning for an expedition outside the wall Maria but delayed it for a while. Higher ups of the country believed that they should not be so hasty as to go on the offensive yet and to focus on defence.

Thus, for the next two months the southern district of shiganshina was reinforced heavily. Purely added onto by new cannons all around, a much more modern defence line than before. Turning the town into yet another fortress city. Many elevators were also installed for the upcoming expedition. During this time the scout regiment managed to recruit more soldiers as well, swelling their numbers up to nearly fifty.

He and Eren both trained extensively, Armin too also was made to use the colossal titan's powers. This was the most dangerous activity or all. To make use of their asset he convinced Commander Hanji to carry out the experiment right next to a line of mountains blocking the direct path between Quinta district and Shiganshina. While it was far the use of balloons made it easier to get to.

The result was...satisfactory. Armin didn't lose control of his titan, but only after he transformed. During the transformation process Armin completely nuked the mountain, creating a pass for them to use which played to his plans but certainly worried the higher ups.

Luckily the blonde was able to control his titan afterwards. Later experiments with the colossal titan was then strategically placed within areas that needed to be demolished. Often breaking through mountains and sometimes even creating artificial lakes. This coupled nicely with his titan, since if any collateral wildfires were spread he could easily stop them with his titan ability.

Speaking of artificial lakes. The crater that Bertholdt caused in Shiganshina was certainly ugly and caused a drop in property value. Thus they used his titan to dig a canal through to it from the river and created an artificial lake.

By the time that the scout regiment was preparing to leave wall rose managed to produce the three trains and two of which were opened up to the public.

For the very first time the civilians of Paradis got to experience the inside of a steam engine. The speed of it all. The traction for the new device was overwhelming and public support trumped all else. Most of the major companies in the walls jumping on opportunities to own one for themselves.

Now, with everything out of the way.

A full year later. Six years after the Colossal Titan's first attack, the scout regiment resumed it's operations outside the wall.