~Chapter 25 inner pain~

~Minho's pov.~

I got a mission from my father to spy on the witch that lives in the human world. Sitting around the campfire at night was nice until I noticed that some of the vampire rouges went missing one by one. Not just missing but killed, i could smell their blood from miles away. "Everything alright my prince?" One of my guards asks. "Yeah I'm fine, my rut is nearing soon so the quicker we are the faster I can go back to my mate."After all the rouge guards were killed, it really got my concern. I went out secretly to see who has been killing my vampires under my watch. 

Not much later I witnessed a big black wolf running away. A normal wolf can't kill so many vampires without goin unnoticed so I followed it. It ran back to a random cabin in the woods. I saw a barrier laying around it and decided to tackle the wolf before it could reach it. The wolf soon transformed back into a pretty girl. She looked at me with so much pain in her eyes before she scurried back inside. I wonder what have happened to her to have so much pain bottled up inside of her. I told the guards to keep an eye on the cabin further in the woods cuz my rut was starting to take a light toll on me. Ji better have prepared himself like he normally does since it is gonna be a long night.

Not long after I got home and reported everything to father. After that was all done I finaly went up to my room and layed on the bed. Ji must still be preparing himself since the shower is still on. After listening to the ticking sound of my clock, ony to realize that a hour have passed and no sign of Jisung. It got me slightly worried and got off from the bad. "Ji you better be in there and not playing a prank on me cuz you will be punished if you do." I still got no reaction from the other side of the bathroom door and decided to open it.

No one was inside. Where could Ji be? I searched around to find a clue, only to see that some of his favorte clothes were missing and some essentials he always uses. Did he really just leave me? DId I do something wrong to him? I can be rough while having intercourse with him but thats how he likes it so what could it be. I searched some more and smelled a faint hint of lavender combined with roses. I followed my mates faint scent only to come back at the camp where the guards were settled.

I stood there in the distance thinking about the choices I made in the past, trying to figure out how I screwed up by my mate. Just the thought that he left me hurt me heart. He can't do that to me, he is not the person to cause so much pain. I walked more and more in the direction of his scent and came to an open place in the forest with some relics circled around. No matter where I go his scent stops here. The ruins had an acient wolf script on them so it must be the portal to the wolf kingdom. So that's how they escaped, sad that that girl won't live for long.I got up in a tree, luring around hoping the portal will open tomorrow night. "These leaves better make sure I won't burn to death tomorrow." 

I woke up to a brench that cracked and shot up. Seeing it was nnight again and noticing I don't have any burns it must be my lucky day. Not long after it was the time that the moon reached the highest point in the sky and the portal slowly opened. I must say, those wolves were smart to built such a portal to prevent intruders. After walking around in this large forest, a specific scent hit my nostrils. It was the scent of my mate in his heat. I started to search around frantically, not wanting him to suffer in pain alone.

No matter how hard I searched for him around here, I just couldn't find him. ~"Ji where are you? Please answer me. I don't want you to go through your heat alone. I know you are on wolf territory but where. Just please answer me Ji and I will make up for the things I have done wrong, just please."~ I begged through our mind link while crying on the ground. What on earth happened to him, why can't he answer through our mind link?

After hours of crying, I couldn't get another drop out of my eyes. I just sat there  numb against a tree in despair about the whereabouts of my mate. ~"H-hurts. Hurts s-so m-much."~ I heard him say and shot up. ~"Ji where are you, please tell me where you are and I will come to find you. I will take better care of you and help you through your heat. Just please tell me where you are so I can help you make you feel better. Ji answer me please, I'm begging you, I miss you so much Ji."~I ran around in the hope to find him with no luck on my side. My mate is out their alone, in his heat and in so much pain. The worse thing is I can't even help him to get through it this time.