~Chapter 37 back home~

~Y/n's pov.~

We were walked into the meeting room as we were instructed to by the maid, but I couldn't sit still anymore. I sneaked away and started wandering around this castle likisch mansion. I walked through the gardens we used to play when we were kids and all those good memories came back up. Even a tear rolled down my cheek as I thought back to those happy times. I sat down between my favorite flower field that was standing just like when I had to flee eight years ago. I laid down on the soft grass and looked up at the moon. It shone bright and was even more white then usual. She must have sensed that I'm back home too, where I belong.

After some time of thinking back to all the nice memories I have build here and sulking on my own thoughts, I decided to stand up and began searching for my old room. I wandered around the long and endless halways until I finaly found the right door. It was locked but that didn't stop me from opening it. I walked inside and closed the door behind me. Pastel purple was the color my eyes shone in since I didn't want to gain attention by turning on the lights. Everything was in the same place, it was like I never left this place at all. "Mom must have kept my room like this." I said out loud. I love to talk out loud like I'm not the only one around when I'm alone.

"I did indeed. I knew you would come eventually back here so I kept things as they were just like it looked like you were having a sleep over somewhere else. I knew when you stepped foot here, I would be able to find you here." I heard someone say behind me while more tears started to roll down my cheeks. She walked closer to me and eventually engulfed me in a warm hug while hugging me from behind. It was the type of warmth I have missed since I was 10. Aunty raised me like I was her own daughter but we never completely got a mother daughter connection that I have been longing for so long.

We both didnt want to let go of the hug, but she eventually let go and turned me around while taking in my facial features. "Look at how much you have grown." She said with sadness lingering in her voice. I don't need to see right now to know she is crying silently like I am. "It has been quite a while if I'm not mistaken, right mom?" I asked. "It has been way too long since I held you. Last time I saw you, you came until my waiste but now you're even longer then I am."

We sat down on the bed, talking about everything we missed from eachother from the past eight years. She sat behind me against the head board with me between her legs like we used to do when I had a sulking moment as a kid. "I have missed this feeling so bad for so long." I spoke up after some time. "Who hasn't. I still can't believe I missed eight whole years of your life." She also spoke up. "Not to mention that Changbin hyung has kids and Seungmin hyung has walking difficultes after he got mated yesterday." I said while looking at the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. "Hold up, I think I missed to much here. I have grand kids, like multiple? And my little omega baby got mated?" She asked surprised. "I thought you first went down stairs and met the others there before looking for me." I replied. "Not yet, to be completely honest I only felt you when you stepped foot on our land." She shot back up. "Maybe that's because Eunha got triggered at the gates, but let's go downstairs. You will be drooling over the twins." I answered back before I stood up.

~Changbin's pov.~

After we entered the meeting room, Felix sat down on a chair and so did Seungmin. I took over my daugther from aunty and sat down between my mate his legs, kind of cuddeling all together. While the others were all chit chatting, I noticed that Y/n slipped away to swarm around here. I have to admit, it has been quite some time we haven't been here while everything still looks the same. ~"Don't swarm to much around Y/n-ah."~ I mind linked her jokingly. ~"Just wanna go to the garden we used to play and pay a little visit to my room I haven't been in for so long."~ She mind linked back while softly giggeling.

Not much later, the king entered the room. He was breathing heavenly, like he had run all the way here. Chan was the first one to react. "Please sit down my king." He said while pulling out a chair from the table for him. "Thank you young man." Father reacted back. I stood up and walked over. "It has been quite some time since we have seen eachother father." He shot his head to me and his eyes turned glassy after he noticed me. "Wanna hold your granddaughter?" I asked and after I got an answer, I passed her into his arms. Felix also came up and let him hold our other daugther too. "You have a pretty mate son, be carefull with him and these two little ones are so cute too. The one with freckles takes after your mate while the other one takes after you. I also see your sister in her since you two are very look a like while Seungmin takes more after your mother." He spoke up after a while.