Bullies Again

That morning Daniel woke up earlier than usual, his eyes puffy as if he had not had a good sleep. The truth was, he didn't actually have a good sleep throughout that night. Every time he slept he would have a nightmare, jolting up instantly in fright. He still remembered the incident from yesterday and it was plaguing his mind.

Calm down, it's only a delusion, Daniel told himself as he stood up from bed in order to prepare himself for today. He was a 16-year old kid at Grade 10 in Crimson High School, the biggest school in that city. He was well-known to supercede his peers in the classroom. In the aspect of academics, he was considered excellent and very intelligent, always topping the class. He has also made a mark for being one of the most punctual students in his class so he had to maintain that image.

He hurriedly tied a white towel around his waist and dashed to the bathroom to take a bath. In no time he was done with washing up and went to dress up. It was at this point he noticed his room was very scattered. In reality his room was not scattered as there were only two books on the ground. He actually had a tidiness OCD so he couldn't help but want to always keep his room in the best condition.

He picked up the books and arranged them neatly on the reading desk which was facing the window and then turned to glance at other parts of the room. The wooden wardrobe at the right side of his bed was neat, his bed had been well arranged and the red rug carpet was very much clean. Yesterday he had taken his time to clean the rug carpet. Well if he had spotted the slightest dust on the rug carpet, he would have immediately gone mad out of frustration (how did the dust get there in the first place!).

Daniel moved his eyes to the corners of the room, scanning for cobwebs. There was none. The blue walls of the room were very much clean. He heaved a sigh of relief as he proceeded to comb his head as he hung his backpack. He then turned to look at the long mirror standing near his wardrobe as he smiled. He was dressed in a white polo and black jean jacket, a pair of black jean trousers and white sneakers to match. He looked handsome, his face having a natural charm and innocence.

"Heh, Felicia won't be able to take her eyes off me," Daniel said as he remembered his crush. That was the same girl Walter had beaten him because. He shivered when he thought of the incident yesterday as his eyes narrowed. He quickly regained his composure as he shrugged, "It's only a delusion. None of that happened."

He then made himself believe that the bullies wouldn't beat him for crushing on Walter's ex girlfriend. It wasn't his fault the girl had a crush on him and he also had a crush on her. Nonsense! That was naive and stupid to begin with! Why would someone suddenly beat someone else because he has a crush on his ex? That was actually very, very immature. And to think that Walter was 17 made him view him with so much nativity.

"He's so naive and stupid," Daniel scoffed as he dusted imaginary dust off his cloth before walking out of the extremely neat room. He made his way to the dinning room and waited for his mother to prepare breakfast. While waiting he helped himself with a newspaper on the dinning table. The headlines read: Boy found unconscious at Crimson Woods.

His facial muscles twitched after seeing that. When did the incident became a news? I thought those cops were gonna let go of the stuff.

"The boy suspected to be delusional ran away from the school during closure and made his way to Crimson Woods," Daniel began reading silently. "After having so many hallucinations due to fear of the rumours heard, he became unconscious. If not for the timely intervention of two cops, he would have been gnarled upon by the wolf which was beside him."

Kids of nowadays should avoid Crimson Woods and not recklessly dash into that place, Daniel read inwardly. It's not a place for playing hide and seek—wild animals are there having picnics.