Chapter Fourteen: Wolf Cried, "Howl!"

Ryan, Jackson and Daniel had so much fun after the incident. First they went bike racing on the highway and got reprimanded by a cop. Then they went to pull pranks on a construction site down Woodbury Street where they let out air from bunch of tyres belonging to the construction vehicles there and smeared paints on the surfaces of the vehicles. It was Jackson's idea and it turned out to be so much fun for Daniel. Next they went to Daniel's house and tried making a new recipe. It was also Jackson's idea and he claimed there was a new food he saw and was interested in making it. To cut the story short, they ended up making a charred stuff which seemed like something the miners would dig from the mine—it was exactly coal.

In the evening the two friends bid Daniel farewell, leaving him to the loneliness of the bungalow. Seeing them leave, Daniel couldn't help but feel very down. Now he was back to being alone in the house.

"At least I have Caroline," Daniel said to himself. "And I also have my phone."

He chuckled as he walked to the house after standing at the wooden gate for so long, staring down the street where he saw his friends disappear. He walked straight to his bedroom and jumped towards his bed, almost landing on the floor. He was so lucky to have landed on the bed or his face would be having a great argument with the floor. No doubt, the floor would have used its hardness to win the argument. It was such a funny scene though.

"I can never fall like this," Daniel took a deep breathe as he turned on his smartphone. After switching on his data, he logged on to facebook and immediately went straight to Curious Mythologists group chat. Thankfully, every member of the group was present.

Crying God immediately sent a message, "@Crimson Wolf, there's a friend interested in our stuff I wanted to add. Can I add him?"

Daniel smiled, delighted that Curious Mythologists would have a new member. This meant that his group chat was becoming popular.

Does having an extra one member to the current five members count as being popular? he asked himself as he suddenly felt bad. His group chat was far from becoming popular. At least not yet.

"Sure, there's no problem 😉," Daniel replied to Crying God's message. "You can add as many people."

"Many people aren't interested in our stuff," Crying God said. The atmosphere in Curious Mythologists suddenly became awkward. No one talked for seconds.

Then Unknown typed, "What's the best way to get back at someone for the person did bad to you?"

"When did the person did bad to you?" Evil Buddha asked. He was very knowledgeable in stuffs like this. Everyone even began doubting if he was really an 18-year old person and was not in his late 20s.

"Uh..." Unknown typed. "Five years ago."

The situation at Curious Mythologists suddenly became awkward again. Why would someone bear a grudge over another person for five whole years? C'mon!

"That's impractical," Sexy Peacock said. "Why would you bear a grudge for five years straight?"

"It's something deep," Unknown typed. "I can't forget it as long as I keep seeing the person. Even though I stop seeing the person, it will take at least ten years to get it off my chest."

"Unknown, you're only 15 years old," Daniel typed. "You shouldn't be keeping things to your chest."

"Crimson Wolf, you're only 16 years old," Unknown replied. "You shouldn't be advising me."

"..."

If Daniel was drinking, he would have spat out the drink. When did Unknown learn to trash talk someone? Wait, Sexy Peacock. She's been greatly influenced by that cold girl.