Chapter Twenty Seven: Breaking the Law

Jackson stood in front of the mirror staring at his reflection cast on it. He was dressed in a black outfit with his jet black hair brushed backwards. Although he didn't look as lanky as before, he gave out the physique typical of flexible acrobats with faint abdominal muscles over his torso. He loved this new physical change and couldn't help but wish to Harmonize and advance quickly.

Tonight he would be going on an armed robbery in the city's museum. He had been told by Uriel that a Path two Doppelganger Essence was been secretly kept there. If he had a way of break into the museum and making away with this Essence which had been protected as an artifact, he would have no issues advancing when the time came. There would be a Path two Essence available for him to consume immediately.

One of the reasons he wanted to go on an armed robbery was to harmonize faster. Going an an armed robbery would give him a great opportunity to perform stunts plus he would get to show his combat skills when the time came. Actually he had been given this advice by Uriel and he stuck to it since the former was way older and experienced than him.

"I hope nothing goes wrong along the way," Jackson said to himself as he turned around and walked to the backpack that was sitting on the ground beside his bed.

Uriel scoffed in his mind and asked, "Why are you asking?"

"Well, I'm just..." Jackson said, narrowing his eyebrows.

"Nervous?" Uriel asked. "Or you're just finding an excuse to justify your weak mind?"

Jackson shrugged, "I don't know wish to believe."

"Better," Uriel said. "And there's nothing going on in this armed robbery. It's gonna be very smooth."

"Can I ask a question?" Jackson asked as he took unzipped the backpack and took a black face mask from it.

"You've always asked me questions," Uriel said. "Just ask already."

Jackson took a deep breathe as he asked, "Don't you already know my questions beforehand considering the fact that you can read my thoughts and all?"

"It would be boring not telling me," Uriel said. "Ask already."

"I don't think going to rob a museum just to harmonize faster sounds okay," Jackson said. "I mean there are other things I can do to harmonize faster."

"Other things like what?" Uriel asked.

"Other things like joining a circus," Jackson stressed as he hung the backpack across his back and wore two thick black hand gloves.

"I see..." Uriel said. "That sounds okay but that will only help you harmonize slowly. You see, when harmonizing you need to consider two things. The first is the name of the Cursed Path and then all the abilities."

Hmmm, Jackson placed his right hand below his chin as he listened to what Uriel was saying. This old Doppelganger was making a lot of sense. Ever since he begun living in his body he had been feeding him with all kinds of information. He was like a living encyclopedia.

"You see the first and foremost ability of an Impersonal is imitation," Uriel explained. "You'd have to put that into practice. Imitate the appearance of people by casting the illusion of transforming into those people. You can also imitate their voices and expressions as well. It doesn't only stop there but spreads to imitating the sounds of animals and insects.

"The other abilities include a great agility and reflexes. Now you're talking about joining he circus in order to harmonize...you're only picking the agility ability over the others while discarding the main idea of this Cursed Path as well."

"Oh," Jackson seemed to be enlightened as he begun understanding every word Uriel was saying. So that's it.

"The reason I asked you to try this dangerous mission is simple," Uriel said. "Your agility and reflexes will be also put into action. When the time comes you'll have to escape from danger and to so you'd definitely apply imitation, agility and reflexes. So you see? I'm asking you to rob a museum for your own benefit."