Chapter Forty Three: Harmonizing

That evening Daniel was already in his room chatting on facebook. Only the proud and arrogant Crimson Moon and cold Sexy Peacock were online so he hurriedly went off. He didn't even tell them about what happened today and only discussed major things like Viscount Luther moving into Woodbury.

Around 8:00PM he undressed and waited for his transformation. The moon was full and clear, everywhere bathed in silvery illuminance.

What will happen if I right against the pain that comes during my transformation? Daniel thought to himself. I've always lost my consciousness during every transformation and maybe that's why the other personality of mine takes over. What if I can fight to stay awake? What would be the outcome then?

Daniel closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. I have to think of something that'd shut out the pain—that would make me retain the humanity in me after my transformation. If I succeed in doing this I'll not go unconscious and be in full control over my actions.

After watching several fantasy movies he had seen scenes where the protagonists would think of the people they love in order to retain their humanity or identity. Legend of the Seeker was one of them, the scene where Denna tortured Richard being the most remarkable for him. This was where he drew the idea that if he could think of someone he loved, he would retain his humanity after transformation.

Crack!

His bones began transforming, twisting in odd angles as they bulged out. It brought with it such an excruciating pain that Daniel almost passed out immediately. Today's transformation turned out to be the most painful!

"Ah!" he yelled in pain as he closed his eyes, trying hard not to lose his consciousness. He tried hard to remain awake till he was completely transformed.

Crack!

His muscles stiffened as brown strands of strong hair began growing out of his skin, piercing his body. They were like thousands of needles piercing through his entire body.

"Ah!" he yelled as he staggered around the room, struggling hard against the pain he was feeling.

"I...have..." he muttered in pain as his ears became elongated, "...to try..."

His thoughts began drifting and he couldn't control them any longer. It seemed he was entering into a trance although he was still feeling the unbearable pain.

Felicia, there was only one thought that refused to drift away when the others were doing so. It was the thought of Felicia.

He remembered the nice time they always had together at school—how they talked together, ate together, played together and shared things with each other. He remembered his first kiss with her—how her lips had been so soft like cotton. It was a thrilling memory he couldn't bear to part with and this memory served as the link which connected his fleeting self with the outside world.

Daniel could see himself transform gradually into a Werewolf from the reflection cast on the mirror. He could see himself covered in brown fur, his brown eyes glowing brightly in the dark room. He could see himself standing on all fours like a dog, his nose sniffing the air.

"I..." he wanted to speak but what came out of his throat was a deep growl. He closed his eyes and thought more about Felicia. The more he thought about her, the more he felt himself being humane.

"I..." this time he spoke but it was in a very deep voice. Noticing this he couldn't help but become thrilled as emotions surged within him.

"I...am...now...a..." he struggled to speak as he stood on his limbs. "I'm...now...a...Wolfman!"

Daniel didn't let emotions take control of him as he controlled them and closed his eyes. He needed to know how to revert to his normal self. He imagined himself transforming into his human form, all his bones shrinking to how they were before.