Chapter Thirty Six: What an Eerie Stage

The oddly twisted and hideous monster stared at Daniel as it began performing ethereal movements which sent an aura of evil wheezing through the atmosphere.

Daniel who was still pinned to the wall immediately felt all his hairs stand up straight, his body spasming greatly. He felt thousands of eyes staring at him from somewhere beyond, causing the light in his soul to dwindle. This was something he had never felt before and with each second he was dancing on the edge of Abyss. It was only a matter of time before he was sucked into the abyssal chasm, never to be seen again. When that happened he knew he wouldn't be the Daniel everyone knew before. He would be a hideous monster hunting for people and performing blood rituals in sewers.

Crack!

Daniel felt a great strain in his bones. It was as if he was being gradually torn apart from all angles in his body. Every part of his body experienced the gradual pull. It was as if thousands of hands were pulling at his body from somewhere beyond.

I'm...not...gonna die, Daniel wasn't as strong as he used to be. He had broken down. He had lost faith. There was no how he was going to escape this. There was no one to save him. He would be transformed into a monster once the ritual was completed. It would be a very horrible end for him.

"I'm sorry..." Daniel muttered weakly to himself as tears trickled down his eyes. He was sorry for his mum and for Felicia. He knew they would be so devastated when they hear the news of his disappearance (which would no doubt end in death as it was going to happen now). He was sorry about Jackson whose father died because of his other Werewolf personality. He was worry for so many things. But now was not the right time to feel sorry for anything. If he wanted to feel sorry for anyone, that would be him.

"Don't struggle and embrace our Father," the monster said. "Embrace Him and become us so that when He takes over the whole world, you'll have a chance to live and exist in the Abyss with Him."

The pull on all parts of Daniel's body increased and he felt his bones coming out of their sockets gradually. The pain was great but he was able to endure it. If he could endure Werewolf transformations every full moon, what was here that he couldn't endure? He wouldn't have been afraid if he didn't know what his real end would be. Ending up like a monster caused his heart to be heavy. He would no doubt be hunted by people like the Special Cops. When that happened he would die twice. It was really a sad ending for him.

"Close your eyes and open your mind to Abyss!" the monster continued as he stared at Daniel with its asymmetrical eyes. "Only by doing this will you find true peace. Our Lord us benevolent!"

"Indeed," Daniel still had the energy to mutter sarcastically. He couldn't bear to part with his spirit of sarcasm even when he was dying, hehe.

"XXX!"

A familiar voice sounded all of a sudden, uttering strange words which Daniel couldn't understand no matter how he tried to. He saw the monster turn and look at the person who had intruded its blood ritual. He couldn't see who the person was because the monster was blocking him but he was able to recognize the person from the smell and sound. It was Smith! The same Special Cop who had been interrogating him about the case of robbery had come to his rescue!

Daniel didn't know how to feel at that moment. He wanted to immediately jump and do somersaults but he was held down by the rotten hands. They even began pulling him into the wall.

Smith tugged at his black starchy uniform as he stared at the monster standing in front of him, his blue eyes maintaining their calm state.

Earlier he had been secretly monitoring Daniel. He had been following him till he got to a particular alley. He was several meters far when he sensed that there was a great danger in that alley. He had wanted to call Daniel but he thought against it. How would he solve the anomaly if he stopped the kid from going? He had to observe things closely. Another mind told him to stop the kid and report to the other Special Cops but he dismissed the thought and allowed Daniel enter. Immediately he entered into the sewer Smith felt that he had been wiped from the surface of the Earth. He couldn't even trace him. He had gotten into the sewer but there several passages that he found it hard to find Daniel. Luckily for him he was able to find the right passage and get to Daniel on time or the kid would have been used for a blood ritual.