Chapter Forty Nine: You Owe Me Two

I'm on the brink of death...

My body hurts badly...

I'm so done for...

Those were Daniel's last thoughts as he lay in the pool of blood which felt cold to his body. The entire world was becoming hazy and he felt himself becoming lighter and lighter. He had heard a click and a loud bang but he didn't know how long he had heard those sounds. The whole world seemed to have frozen around him momentarily. Everything was just silent as if he was in a world without any sound. He couldn't even detect the slightest sound. While he was dying he could only have an unanswered question in his heart. No it wasn't just one question. There were many of them. There were so many questions that he hadn't found their answers and he was dying right now.

No, although Daniel's mind had almost become empty he could still think. His will gave him the strength to gain control over his fleeting thoughts. Strength came back to his limbs and he slowly moved them.

"No!" he yelled as he instinctively rolled away from the spot he had been lying. Even though his shoulder blades had been broken he still mustered all the strength he could get to use his arms.

Pa!

He saw a silver bullet crash to the ground where he had been lying, shattering it instantly. Seeing this Daniel couldn't help but widen his eyes in shock. He wasn't shocked about the bullet which suddenly hit where he had been lying. No, that wasn't what he was surprised about. After hearing the click and loud bang he had realized that he had been sniped by someone. What he was truly shocked about was his speed. He had been able to react to a bullet which he felt had been shot immediately! He had even had the time to think and delay his movements before even dodging the bullet!

Has my speed gotten to such a level? Daniel thought within himself as he grabbed the hilt of the silver sword and pulled it out of his chest with a great force. He grimaced in pain as more blood spurted out of his mouth.

Pa!

Another loud bang filled his eardrums, making his expression contort into a more painful one.

Daniel didn't think twice as he threw the silver sword far away and leaped in another direction, dodging the bullet which crashed into the wall.

"Ah..." he groaned in pain as he felt his energy being depleted. "That silver...it actually kills and weakens us..."

He tried sniffing out the attacker but he could not. He couldn't even rely on the person's sound waves to find him. Every time he tried doing so he would suffer an interference. It was as if something was messing up with his senses.

"So it's that guy that messed up with my senses," Daniel thought as he transformed his entire body into a Werewolf and stood on his hind limbs. His mangled right hand and ruptured chest was yet to heal as he had been wounded with silver weapons. He didn't know how long it would take him to heal but he was dying slowly. If not for his will he would have been already dead.

"I need to find a way to escape this sniper and meet someone who is capable of curing me," Daniel muttered to himself. "I've been so poisoned by this silver that I'm sure I won't be able to survive for another twenty minutes. I'm dying gradually with each second."

Pa! Pa! Pa!

More gunshots rang out as bullets were sent flying from different directions at Daniel. It seemed the attacker had a way of controlling his direction to be able to comfortably snipe Daniel no matter where he hid himself.

What kind of mystical item is that? Daniel thought as he dug his left hand into the wall behind him and pulled out a large concrete, using it as a shield. Everything was done within one second and before the bullets came, there was already a concrete shield in front of him.