Chapter Eleven: Mr. Anonymous

Pa! Pa! Pa!

The criminal shot frantically as he ran through the sewer, his feet splashing in the putrid sewage flowing slowly. He didn't care for the cobwebs which stuck to his face or the disgusting sticky liquid which drenched his clothes. All that filled his mind was escaping—escaping from this monster that had attacked his companions out of nowhere.

Don was a mercenary who had committed hideous crimes throughout his life. He had accepted missions to kill innocent people and had ended the lives of several people across Moon City. He was a very greedy person and always yearned for money and because of this he soiled his hands with the blood of so many innocent people, sending several lives down to the grave.

Today he and his gang of five other mercenaries had accepted another mission. They had been asked by their employer to kidnap one hundred tramps from across the city for the sum of $2000. They had been very delighted by the generous offer and had immediately settled out for the dirty job without asking the employer what he needed the tramps for. Of course they didn't work at day to prevent the cops from catching them and chose the work by night. It was at this hour at the sewers when they met the monster. At first they had seen an ordinary gorgeous 16-year old boy standing within the shadows, staring at them with hypnotizing red eyes. He had such a calm demeanor which shocked everyone. They had tried to kidnap him but failed as he ended up transforming into a monster—a monster with two long fangs growing from the upper mouth!

Don panted as he ran, recalling the appearance of the monster. It had red glowing eyes, two long fangs and an aura which exuded superiority. What shocked him most was that the monster didn't make his companions feel afraid within the first five seconds. Everyone had been hypnotized to it and before they knew it, the monster had turned up on them. If he hadn't been more experienced and skilled, he would have been swept up in the attack by the monster.

"Ah!

"Help me!"

"God!

"Fuck, Christ!"

Several screams resonated within the sewer, causing Don to tremble as he ran. He heard crashing and breaking sounds coming from the distance, the cries vanishing instantly. He didn't need anyone to tell him that his companions were gone—all of them. He had to escape quick before the monster got to him.

If I escape this I won't ever go into such a business like this again, he swore as he ran through the dark sewer. I will never kill the innocent or even harm them. I'll be a law-abiding citizen and avoid crimes.

Whoosh!

He was still running when he felt a cold wind blow around him, causing his red jacket to flutter. It was as if something had moved past him at a supernatural speed. Some seconds after the phenomenon he slowed down before stopping in his tracks, his pupils dilating in fear. Standing before him was the monster, its mouth dripping with a crimson liquid which he knew to be the blood of his companions. The monster had actually sucked their bloods after killing them!

A...a...vampire, he thought as his heart began beating faster than it was before, almost tearing through his chest.

Orpheus licked the blood on his lips before smiling warmly, revealing a perfect set of white teeth. Don was petrified and broke down immediately, his index finger pulling the trigger out of fear. But then, no bullet came out. He had expended all his bullets while trying to escape and unfortunately, none of the bullets fired had hit the monster standing before him.

"Please...have mercy upon me," Don begged as the revolver fell from his right hand. "I...I swear I'll become a changed person!"

Orpheus sized up the man for some time before saying, "The innocent people you killed wouldn't want you to be a changed person."