Twenty Five: The Hunter and the Prey

Daniel in his Werewolf form soon finished devouring the three mercenaries, his four big fangs red with blood. What was left of the corpses were just skeletons and some strands of meat. Everything had been devoured by him.

He stood on his hind legs and let out a loud howl which echoed throughout the whole surrounding, making it creepier. He fell on his four legs before growling at the skeletons, his eyes narrowed in triumph. He then dashed away from the scene into the deep woods to find more preys. In here he was the hunter and every other thing were preys. They couldn't match with his prowess.

~

"Cough! Cough!" a man with blonde hair coughed as he entered into the tent that was pitched in the woods. "Dan, why is it smoking in here?"

A tough looking man with white hair was seated in the tent, playing with an AK-47. His lips were tightly clenched against a golden stick of cigarette, the ring red and hot with wisps of smoke billowing from there and filling the whole tent. He was the one called Dan.

"Smoking helps to keep the body in a good condition," Dan said with a laughter as he stared back at the man who had spoken. "It's too sad you don't smoke Peter or you would have tasted what delicacy really is."

Peter scoffed as he waved his hands in the air, "You call this delicacy? This is air pollution and you're gonna kill us before those lousy Werewolves get to us."

"I've never heard of the preys killing the hunters," Dan chuckled. "Except of course the hunters are negligent."

Both him and Peter belonged to an organization called Lycanthrope Guild and were official Lycanthrope hunters. They had gone through so many trainings and their bodies had undergone changes, making them become peak humans. In the eyes of their average humans, they would be considered superhumans. With their current level as Lycanthrope hunters, they could hold down a Wolfman for some time and if they could not kill the Wolfman they could possibly escape. That was how strong they were.

This Lycanthrope Guild wasn't a hidden organization like the Church and were registered and licensed by the government itself to hunt for Lycanthropes. With this approval by the government Lycanthrope Guild members were even able to join the police and become cops, using that as a cover to assist the ordinary cops in hunting Lycanthropes. Over the past years they had made groundbreaking records by capturing or killing Lycanthropes, most which were Werewolves.

"Smoking is a form of negligence," Peter scoffed. "If anything goes on in this mission, you'd be a toast once you get to the Lycanthrope Guild."

"Easy, bestie," Dan laughed as he stood up. "Nothing's gonna go wrong down there except you've become negligent yourself."

Peter frowned as he opened his mouth to say something but Dan was already speaking, "That reminds me. Why is it called Lycanthrope Guild? I mean, that sounds like an organization belonging to Lycanthropes. Shouldn't they call it Lycanthrope Hunters Guild?"

"Sigh," Peter couldn't help but size up his best friend. "You've gone through this same question for the sixth time today."

"I have a groundbreaking record for poor memory," Dan laughed as he smoothed his leather vest and held his AK-47 tightly before dragging in the last bout of cigarette into his mouth noisily, releasing a long puff of grey smoke which calmly touched Peter's face.

The smell of acridness interlaced with cocaine drilled into Peter's nose, making him frown as he coughed lazily. When he recovered he complained, "You have to stop this smoking behaviour of yours."

"You always complain," Dan said. "That's by the way. Now about the question I asked. What's up with the Lycanthrope Guild stuff?"

"Can I ask you a question?" Peter asked.