Chapter Thirty Seven: A Little Chat

After some minutes Daniel woke up. He was lying against the wall, his entire body drenched in blood. Moreover his entire body was aching badly that it felt like he was on fire. He knew that this was a result of the transformation so he didn't complain. Bits of information began coming into his mind. He pieced them together and was able to know what had happened.

The black haired and blue eyed Special Cop had used magic to greatly influence monster. He didn't know how it happened but he had ended up chewing away the head of the monster while its entire body was left to crumble away. He had wanted to attack Smith out of instinct but then he ended up reverting to himself.

He looked up and saw that the Special Cop was resting his back against the wall as well, his hands folded to his chest. If not for this man he would have been long dead.

"So you're finally awake," Smith flashed a smile. It was a statement to remind Daniel that he had indeed saved his life or he would have been long dead.

Daniel stared at him for a very long period of time before asking, "How did you find me? You've been tailing me?"

"I don't see it as tailing," Smith said. "I see it as investigation."

"What are you investigating about?" Daniel asked. "I told you I'm not the armed robber."

"You didn't expect me to take your word for it, did you?" Smith asked as he uncrossed his hands. "Tsk, kids and their ways of thinking. When will you guys learn to think like me?"

"Are you insulting my intelligence...?" Daniel muttered as he sized up the Special Cop. His body was gradually recovering from the ache and he could now move.

"I had to investigate you," Smith said. "Besides I discovered a Lycanthrope aura down at your house."

"..."

Daniel's expression became blank. This guy discovered the Alpha's aura? No wonder he tailed me.

He then opened his mouth and said, "That doesn't make me the criminal, does it?"

"It doesn't," Smith said. "But I've been able to piece some stuffs together. First I was investigating the criminal case which led to you and then I came across this. There have been several cases of kidnappings in Crimson Springs. Children have been abducted across the whole city. It isn't only happening here but in Moon City as well. It caught the attention of the police and we were pushed to investigate."

He stared at Daniel, observing his reaction. There was none. It was as if he didn't care for the abducted children or what he was even going to say at all. Was this how Lycanthropes behaved?

"We weren't able to discover the whereabouts of those children neither were we able to get any clue," Smith said. "But now thanks to your misguided curiosity I've cracked the case! The only thing left is to solve it."

Smith didn't continue with the discussion as he felt Daniel shouldn't know about it. It was believed that the more you know the more you'd be in danger. So he had to keep the knowledge to himself and leave the kid out of it. He was already close to death today.

Daniel, seeing that the Special Cop did not continue with the topic again, asked, "What about the case of robbery? Did you crack it?"

"No," Smith replied. "I haven't. No one has. But we know the robber is a Doppelganger who obviously impersonated you."

"Doppelganger?" Daniel asked. He had never heard of that or he had forgotten about that.

"Hehe, this is what happens to people who become Cursed illegally," Smith said. "There are so many things they don't know."