Chapter Forty Five: Nightmare Becomes Reality

On Monday morning Daniel was already up before 4:00am to familiarize himself with his new abilities. Ever since he became a Wolfman he had been testing his abilities in order to build them. Now he could transform at will and it felt so good.

When he told the Alpha about his advancement, the latter couldn't hide his shock.

"How is this possible?" the Alpha had asked. "You've only been a Werewolf for just a month!"

Daniel had smiled wryly and told him everything, the Alpha sighing in the end with a few words, "That's why..."

He also told the peeps on Curious Mythologists and all of them except Evil Buddha showed their shock. Of course they did not ask him how he did it because Evil Buddha had already told them about harmonizing. Crimson Moon who wasn't around at that time was the only one left out and had to ask how. Daniel had happily told him.

As Daniel stood in front of the mirror he curled his lips into a smile as he muttered to himself, "It's good to be a Wolfman. No more killing the innocents and running out in the middle of the night. No more tryna lie to my mum about how my clothes got ripped or how my room got messed up. It's definitely good."

He made his ears to become elongated slowly. He then flapped them quickly before chuckling, "Feels great."

His reflection was cast on the surface of the mirror, the muscles all over his body becoming taut than ever. Moreover he was a little bit hairy.

"Tsk, I don't know if Felicia likes hairs but there's nothing I can do about it," Daniel said as he turned around to prepare for the day. He had so much to catch up with Felicia—so much to say.

~

"So today will be my first day in school," Orpheus told himself as he arranged his books in his backpack. "I'm not especially thrilled about that but lemme give it a try."

"Give what a try?" it was Selene behind him. Actually he had known when she entered his room but he pretended not to. He didn't want anybody to know that he was now a Viscount—not even his father and cousin.

Today he wasn't in the mood to argue with her and answered, "The school. I hope it's as good as father said."

"I hope that kid is at that school," Selene said.

"What kid?" Orpheus asked as he sized up Felicia. He secretly hoped that it wasn't the extremely bold kid the other day.

"The kid with the bicycle of course," Selene rolled hwr eyes. "What's up with that expression? Are you so threatened by his existence?"

"Why should I be threatened by his existence?" Orpheus narrowed his red eyes. "He's just a mere mortal."

"Yeah, a mere mortal," Selene said as she picked up Orpheus' chemistry textbook. "He's the same mere mortal who got you staggering when you brushed past him."

Orpheus swallowed hard, his words stuck in his throat. For the first time of his life he didn't know how to actually retort Selene. The brown haired kid that day had proven to be extremely strong and bold. What would happen if both of them crossed paths in the future? How would it end for them? Would the both of them fight? Who would win if they fought?

"Now I see you're troubled about the kid," Selene laughed, revealing her nice sets of teeth. Her dimples sank in, making her extremely alluring.

Orpheus turned his head to stare at Selene for a long period of time before saying, "Do you think he can beat me?"

"If he's a Werewolf he's definitely stronger than you," Selene said. "The only thing you have is speed and you can't use that without your Cursed form but he can use his strength to some degree without his Cursed form. So you're highly disadvantaged down here."