Chapter Thirty: Suspect But Not Criminal

Daniel immediately sat down on his bed, thinking about what lie he could fabricate right now. What was he gonna tell those cops that were coming? How was he gonna handle things? And now his Mum was in the sitting room things could get ugly. She would even begin to suspect him with the suspicious visits from the cops. Just this month, the cops had visited their home twice. It was enough to spark suspicion in the most free mind.

"But I still don't know why those cops are coming," Daniel complained. "How do I even begin to lie?"

The grey wolf shrugged as he said, "I don't know about that."

Seeing this Daniel felt it was awkward. Although he knew that this was the Alpha it was still awkward seeing a grey wolf shrugging.

"Then I'm sure a toast," Daniel lamented. "Twice they've visited me and I even suspect that the Mac of a cop has begun suspecting me."

The Alpha fell silent for some moments. Then he opened his mouth and said, "The other two cops that visited you were pretty easy to lie to. These ones aren't."

"What do you mean?" Daniel asked, narrowing his brown eyes.

"Daniel!" he heard his mum scream from the sitting room. "How long does it take you to fix the television?! What are you even doing in your bedroom?!"

"I'm getting my magnet!" Daniel screamed back before suppressing his voice to talk to the Alpha, "What do you mean?"

"Do you know who Special Cops are?" the Alpha asked as he stared at the incognizant kid. He had so many things to teach this kid before he became too incognizant for his own liking. If that happened this kid would be defenseless in front of attacks as he was without knowledge. And there's a saying that knowledge equals power.

"Never heard about those in my entire life," Daniel shrugged. He only knew of the cops but who were the Special Cops? What made them so special?

"It's normal you've not heard of it," the Alpha said. "Most normal people and naive Cursed like you haven't heard of stuffs like that."

Can you go straight to the point? Daniel almost rolled his eyes. He had wanted to mutter the words but seeing that the Alpha would no doubt have a supernatural hearing, he didn't. He felt that the Alpha would get pissed off right away for his disrespectful attitude.

"The Special Cops are a department of the police," the Alpha said as he sat comfortably on the red rug, stretching his four limbs in a relaxing manner. If Daniel had not heard that the socalled Special Cops were coming he would have felt that this grey wolf actually came to have a sleepover with him.

"Daniel!" his mum yelled again. This time her voice was louder. Daniel could see the Alpha frowning as he said, "Tell your Mum to stop screaming like that. I turned on all my senses so that I'd perceive when the Special Cops arrive. I don't wanna be suffering from deafness due to loud sounds."

Huh? Daniel was shocked at the Alpha's terms. He had thought Alphas were primitive creatures who stayed with their packs in the woods. He never expected his Alpha to be aware of scientific terms like this.

"Don't wear such a blank face, Stupid," the Alpha scoffed. "You don't think I'm a mindless Lycanthrope, do you?"

That's what I was thinking except I considered you primitive, Daniel thought.

"For your information I studied physics before joining the..." the Alpha didn't complete the statement as he suddenly stood up, erecting his ears. "They're here."

With those words he dashed out of the room in a blur which couldn't be captured by Daniel's eyes. He stood there in a daze till Caroline's meowing drew him back to reality. She had been standing there all along watching silently as the wolf and Daniel conversed.