Chapter Thirty One: Art of Convincing

On this Saturday morning Daniel woke up feeling hearty and hale. His whole body was pumping with so much strength that he felt that he would have to jog around the street six times to satisfy this feeling in him. He turned around and saw Caroline still sleeping beside him, her golden fur shining under the rays of sunlight which passed through the glass window into the room.

"Thank God today's Saturday," Daniel smiled. "I won't have to think about preparing for school."

Today he was very happy—happy for the things that had happened during the week. First, the Alpha had kept a close eye on him, preventing him from hurting anyone during his transformation. Second, his mum didn't bother him about the robbery incident at the museum. Third, Felicia told him that she would be visiting him soon. Fourth, Owen smiled at him.

Daniel didn't know which one to be extremely happy about but he chose Felicia's visiting. It was actually because he loved her and not because the other stuffs which happened to him weren't good. Rising up from the bed he stretched lazily and then yawned. He was about to head to the bathroom when he heard footsteps coming towards his room. They belonged to his mom. He immediately sat upright and waited for her to come closer to the door.

The door clicked open, Mrs. Stark walking into the room with a smile, "I hope I didn't disturb your sleep?"

"Good morning, mom," Daniel didn't immediately reply to her question and greeted her first as a well-behaved son. "Well, I was actually awake for some minutes. Plus I'm brimming with so much energy."

Brimming with so much energy, Mrs. Stark thought without changing her expression. The same energy you used to finish a gang of five people or so.

"I actually came to talk to you about something," Mrs. Stark said.

"Shoot it, Mum," Daniel smiled. "I'm all ears."

Mrs. Stark stared at him for some moments before saying, "I think now's the right time to have a girlfriend."

"..."

If Daniel had been drinking he would have spat out a mouthful of whatever he had been drinking at his mom's face. He didn't know how he should feel hearing his mom talk to him about getting a girlfriend but it was pretty awkward.

"I know this is real awkward for you but you should really consider having a girlfriend," Mrs. Stark said. "I mean I also had a boyfriend at this age."

Daniel didn't know why but he began feeling really embarrassed hearing this. He didn't know why he was the one feeling embarrassed instead of his mom but he couldn't help it. He even muttered, "Seriously? What would dad think about this?"

"Well, that boyfriend was your father," Mrs. Stark said, her eyes becoming unfocused as if she was thinking about something. In reality, she was actually thinking about her husband who left home on an adventure since last year and had not yet returned.

"Uhmm..." Daniel scratched the back of his head. He had to tell his mum that he had found a girlfriend. He had been keeping this secret away from her for a long time now.

"What? You feel it's still awkward talking about my past experience with your father?" Mrs. Stark raised her eyebrows. "Well I won't say anything again."

"No, no," Daniel waved his hands. "It's not about that. I actually wanted to tell you that I already have a girlfriend."

And the bedroom became silent for seconds. It was pretty awkward and then Caroline meowed, breaking the silence.

"I thought you were the..." Mrs. Stark narrowed her eyes as if she was thinking about something.

"Timid type?" Daniel asked. "Well, I guess I changed."