Chapter Thirty Two: Assassination

The black limousine drove across the highway which was sandwiched between dense woods which would see creepy to people with weak hearts. As the limousine continued driving across the asphalt, not a single vehicle went past them. The limousine which contained Viscount Dwayne and his entourage of bodyguards nd maids was the only vehicle on the road.

"I think this meeting is gonna have a great impact on my business empire," Viscount Dwayne said. "If I can find other viscounts with the same business innovations as I do, I can consider doing a partnership."

Dan who was looking outside the limousine opened his mouth and said, "Meetings like that I prone to having dangers. No doubt one or more Viscounts would have had a grudge against you and will be waiting for the perfect moment to strike you."

Viscount Dwayne scoffed, "Who would dare attack him in the presence of my entourage?"

"Anything can happen down there," Dan said. "Especially when you wouldn't be allowed to bring your weapons or private bodyguard into the meeting hall."

Hmmm, Viscount Dwayne thought. Well if they plan something dangerous I would be waiting for them. It's not like I don't know how to fight.

As a Lycanthrope hunter who could even slay Wolfmen, Dwayne wasn't afraid of being ambushed at the meeting hall. His years fighting Lycanthropes had made him develope great combat skills. Plus his private bodyguard was here, what could possibly go wrong? Even though something went wrong he would be able to escape at least.

The limousine became silent afterwards as everyone was buried in his or her own thoughts. It drove for for thirty minutes till they arrived at their destination. It was a large building surrounded by lawns. Several types of flashy cars were already parked or were driving into the place.

The driver drove the limousine to a spot faraway from other cars and parked. The entourage then alighted the vehicle afterwards, lining on both sides of the spot Viscount Dwayne would be coming out from. One of the maids then opened the door. It wasn't Viscount Dwayne that came first but Dan. He sized up everyone and everything with a cold look and then gave way for Dwayne to alight the vehicle. They then proceeded to move towards the large building which served as the meeting hall.

Two mean looking guards were stationed at the front of the large door. They didn't even carry any weapon as if they were totally confident in their close combat skills. They were even dressed in black outfits without any bulletproof material.

As Viscount Dwayne and his entourage approached one of them raised his hands to stop them as he said, "Nobody apart from the viscount allowed."

Dan sized up the two guards for some seconds, his face having no expression. It was when he was nodded at by Dwayne that he stopped looking at the guards and allowed the viscount to proceed into the meeting hall.

The meeting hall was very large, the walls very high. The whole floor was covered with marble which glittered under the lights coming from the chandeliers hung above. Large pillars covered with marble held up the magnificent building, keeping it tall and straight. There were hundreds of seats arranged in the hall for the viscounts to sit on.

Viscount Dwayne was met by the numerous stares of the viscounts who had already arrived. From their looks they were obviously judging Dwayne in their hearts for being late. Of course the latter didn't care and went to sit down on one of the seats.

"Long time no see," he heard a familiar voice and turned his head to see a familiar looking viscount with red hair and eyes and a gorgeous face.

"Ah, you also came down here Luther," Viscount Dwayne smiled as he gave Viscount Luther a handshake.