Chapter Forty Seven: Success

Marcus stood before the young girl who was bound to the wall with several chains, his lips curled into a smile. This young girl was strapped naked, her face filled with despair as she watched the cruel man fiddle with needles as he smiled at her.

"You know, when I was a kid I used to be scared about the unknown," Marcus began chatting with the girl as if he was discussing with a friend. He controlled the needles on the desk to soar into the air, surrounding him.

"I've always wanted to complete this experiment of mine...this experiment to create a powerful army for the Abyss Cult," he continued as he summoned magical energies and ejected them into the needles. "As a Path three Cursed I couldn't do that but now that I'm a Combat Magician, I've broken that barrier!"

Actually it was not a mistake that he called the Path four of Wizards Combat Magician. Ma'am had deliberately told him the wrong name to get his hopes unnecessarily high. Arcane Mage was the name for Path five of Wizards and they were rumoured to have powerful magic to destroy several continents at a go.

Combat Magicians possessed combat magic and were adept at all kinds of combat which made them deadly. Coupled with their increased intelligence quotient they were a force to be reckoned with.

"Tsk, I'm luck to have advanced to Path four," Marcus said to himself. "I shouldn't be greedy."

He then patted Luck which was in his right chest pocket. He turned to the frightened kid and said, "Don't worry. Everything's gonna be alright. When I transform you into whatever you're gonna transform into, it's gonna be spectacular. You will be reborn as a daughter of our Lord. You will be the first daughter!"

The more Marcus spoke the more the young girl became more terrified. It was obvious he was psychopathic. Only psychopaths could pull off stunts like this with so much joy. He was even smiling as if he was just playing with the young girl!

"Just a few seconds and it's over," Marcus said as he sent the needles flying towards the girl. They all stabbed into her body with so much force that her soft skin cracked instantly, spewing out crimson blood.

Marcus closed his eyes and cast a spell inwardly. As a Combat Magician he didn't need to mouth spells and could cast them with a single thought.

Instantly the girl's veins and vessels protruded and began wriggling disgustingly. They were like several worms wriggling to get  out of her body. These veins and vessels interlaced with each other to form runes. During this process the young girl began shivering uncontrollably as she shut her eyes in pain.

"Ah!" she let out a loud scream which filled the whole room. If it were any ordinary person they would have at least felt something for the young girl. But Marcus wasn't an ordinary person. His whole mentality had been warped already so all he saw was a chicken screaming for help.

"This is definitely gonna be a success!" Marcus said in excitement as he stared on.

The girl's body began cracking, several pus oozing out of the cracks like oils. Her bones began cracking as she grew into an oddly shaped figure that couldn't be described by any human word. As she transformed she began shaking violently, the whole place trembling as if it was about to collapse any moment from now.

"This is what it should seem like," Marcus said as he walked closer to the transforming girl and stood a meter away from her, staring in delight as she underwent a very painful transformation.

"Screech!" the girl let out a painful wail and struggled to pull herself from the shackles. Visible cracks appeared on the wall as the chains themselves began showing signs of breaking. But Marcus didn't for once flinch as he observed the whole thing. If there was any danger his combat abilities would even save him quickly. There was absolutely no reason to fear.