Chapter Twenty Eight: Fighting Out

Jackson didn't remain at the same spot he had landed and quickly rolled to another side, evading a powerful landing which caused the concrete floor to shatter. Someone who could cause such damage by just landing was definitely not an ordinary guard. For him to shatter the concrete floor by just landing meant he possessed powerful muscles and bones which superceded an average human. This meant that this Borden Museum that was seen as an average museum could actually employ supernatural people as guards. And who was this supernatural person if not a...

A Cursed! the reality dawned on Jackson as he stared at the attacker who was donned in a black suit, his face wearing a deep frown. Jackson felt there was an animalistic look to that face but he didn't think too much about it. What he needed to do now was to escape and to escape at all cost!

"Stand down kid," the guard who had landed said. "You'd wanna give me the Essence and surrender or find it the hard way that we're not merciful to Cursed like you."

Damn! Jackson cussed inwardly. My identity has been revealed. Now he knows who I am and will definitely come after me if I manage to escape. I can't imagine that I forgot to wear the mask and now fucked up big time. Why didn't you tell me, Uriel?

"Telling you will make everything easier," Uriel said within his mind. "I had to not remind you so that you'd have a chance to use your imitation ability. Now I've made you imitate the face of a kid. What's left for you is to imitate his voice?

Whoosh!

At that time the guard attacked. It seemed he wasn't patient with Jackson standing there saying nothing. He wanted to capture him immediately and take him to the police station where he would be interrogated by 'special' cops.

Pa!

His muscles hardened, becoming strong and tough as he squeezed his right hand into a powerful ball. He pulled back his right arm before pushing his right side forward to release a punch at Jackson's face. With such an enormous strength delivered into the punch the kid would no doubt be immediately knocked unconscious by the punch. For ordinary humans they would die but he knew this kid was not ordinary. He was a Cursed and possessed a peak human physique so he would be able to survive albeit unconscious.

Jackson who had wanted to reply to Uriel's words couldn't help but put his mind into the incoming attack which was faster than an average human's speed. He quickly bent himself slightly, adjusted his center of gravity before leaping to the right to evade the punch. Although the punch was moving like a blur, he reacted on time and so he was able to dodge it with his agility.

Bam!

The guard's fist slammed into the wall, causing the whole gallery to shake violently. The point at which he punched even shattered, revealing a fist-sized hole.

You said you imitated a kid's face? Jackson asked as he landed on the wall again, running on it to head towards the hole in the roof. He had seized this chance to escape and wouldn't linger around playing tough kid.

"Yeah," Uriel replied. "You won't wanna know."

Tell me, Jackson communicated as he pushed himself towards the hole only to feel something grab his right foot. His eyes widened in surprise as he stared down at the guard who had his left hand deeply rooted in the wall while his right hand held his foot.

Shit, Jackson cussed as his action was pulled to an abrupt halt by the grab. I'm done...

Whoosh!

The guard spun him around with that right hand and released his foot after some time, flying in the direction where Jackson was flying towards.

Pa! Pa!

He threw two powerful punches at Jackson but the latter could still retain control over his body despite being in an unfavourable position. He spun around quickly, evading all the punches before doing a flip to kick off the wall. Again he bounced upwards towards the hole. He had to escape immediately.