Chapter 3 Epilogue: A Day's Rest

Night soon came upon Pentagram City---Or at least as close as it could get from what Dream could tell. With it, the new residents of the Hotel had turned in for a night's rest. Though with the renovations underway in pretty much all of the rooms, Dream had to make due with sleeping in the lobby.

    Vaggie and Charlie helped her to get settled just as she returned in her sleepwear she had been carrying in her bag. She had on a light green slightly baggy hoodie with a dark green stripe in the middle and a couple of dots with a pair of light purple shorts and a pair of white socks. Her short hair had been tied back into a small ponytail with the help of a dark purple scrunchy.

    The two ladies had just finished setting her spot by the fireplace as they managed to find an air mattress they had gotten inflated. Vaggie had placed a couple of blankets on it as Charlie placed a couple of pillows.

    "There we go!" Charlie said as she brushed her hands, "Sorry we can't put you in one of the rooms tonight, this is the best we can do."

    "It's uh---No problem." Dream said nervously.

    "Not to worry though it's not permanent!" She reassured her with a smile, "As soon as the rooms are done renovating, we'll make your room all nice and homey!" Charlie soon pondered, "Wonder what I'm forgetting? Oh yeah! Bathroom is just down that hall on your left if you need it, and the kitchen is three doors down if you want a drink of water!"

    "Thanks for that info..." Dream said.

    Vaggie soon noticed Decimo with a whole rifle and shotgun out with a suitcase.

    "And where do y-" Before vaggie could ask she blocked another bullet from Decimo with her spear. "—Where are you going>?"

    "Late Night Quota." Decimo said. "My drone hasn't come back yet so I gotta go look for it."

    "Maybe it was taken down or someone sensible disabled it?" Vaggie asked.

    "Doubt it." Decimo said as he armed himself with a chainsaw. "Plus I rather not stay with that little neat freak psychopath more than I should." he began to rev it up as he nodded. "Full tank!"

    "See you guys tomorrow--!" Tina said as she went out the door with a coat along with Jaxon---Or was about to.

    "Wait, you're not staying here tonight?" Dream asked.

    "Nope! I got kids at home I gotta get back to.." Tina replied, "Babysitter will kill me if I'm gone longer than needed---Plus I gotta prepare myself and them for the move into the hotel since I'm gonna be working as head chef and most likely staying here.."

    "And I gotta get a few things from my apartment." Jaxon said, "Hope that's okay."

    "Of course! Take all the time you need!" Charlie said.

    "Hey Decimo---" Jaxon said as Decimo was about to go out the window, "---You got the keys to the apartment or do I have to loan you my spare again?"

    "Don't worry, I have them on my belt this time." Decimo replied casually.

"You---Live together?" Dream asked.

    "Technically his brother is listed as my roommate---But yeah." Jaxon said, "Sides this might be for the best since we're about to get evicted because a certain---SOMEONE hasn't paid the rent in months."

"Hey! I paid the rent with those bounties I collected!" Decimo said before he got a pistol and shot another bystander demon with his dog whimpering their master was gone. Decimo shot the pet for good measure just in case.