Chapter 14: The Meaning of Trust PT1

(Second Opening Theme: Blood-C Opening-Spiral Performed By DUSTZ)

    A full week had gone by since Dream had arrived into the AfterLife, and things had been slow going. Though they had the new extermination date to worry about, Dream was happy that Charlie had been making progress. Now that they had Sir Pentious as their latest patron, she knew that they were making progress.

    She saw this as a sign, to move things forward.

    The only problem is, she wasn't sure where to start.

She wanted to ask the others, though she didn't know how she should go about it.

Her mind seemed to wander on this thought as she sat in the room she shared with Angel. She had been looking at her hands.

"Hmm---" She said, "---Hands are feeling PRETTY dry today..." She soon took her bag as she rummaged through, Fat Nuggets sniffing her bag out of curiosity.

"Let's see, let's see---Did I get zapped here with any lotion for me hands? I hope so, mama needs her pound cake."

Fat Nuggets soon stuffed his whole face in her bag, startling her. Though she couldn't help but laugh as she picked him up. She saw he had her hand cream in his mouth.

"I appreciate the help, but I think I can find my things fine Fat Nuggets." She said as she scratched his ears after taking it back.

As she had been looking through the bag she could soon hear a pair of voices.

She recognized them as they belonged to Jaxon and Xavion.

"Stupid thing! What was it again!? Around the tree down the rabbit hole or through the rabbit hole around the tree?" She heard Jaxon said.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" Xavion asked.

"Trust me! I know what I'm doing---mostly!"

"Mostly?"

Dream stood before she went over to the door peeking out. She saw Jaxon had been in a black and white suit, with silver trimmings and silver cufflinks. His usual spiky hair had been combed back; though he looked to be struggling with a silver tie. Xavion had been wearing a Dark forest green suit with a color design of green brush-like streaks, mahogany-like slashes and green teeth marks with his green tie perfectly tied with splatter and brush strokes

Jaxon soon cried out frustration before he threw his tie to the floor. "FUCKING DAMN IT!!" Jaxon exclaimed.

"Whoa, whoa---" Xavion said as he picked up the tie, "---Let's take it from the beginning."

"WHY!? I'M NEVER GONNA FIGURE THE FUCKING THING OUT!" He yelled.

    Xavion patted him on the back as he said, "Deep breaths Jax, deep breaths, we still got time before the meeting."

    "Holy Tacos with a side of Nachos!" Dream said as the boy's noticed her, "What's with the fancy get up? Are you going to a party?"

    "Oh Dream---" Xavion said before he chuckled, "---I wish we were going to one. It's just a mandatory meeting with the Overlords."

    Dream looked confused, "You have to meet with Overlords? Why?"

    "Well because of the recent date change Carmilla is holding an emergency meeting---" Jaxon said as he fixed up his suit, "---And as Tina said, since we're Scions, we're required to be a part of meetings such as this one." He soon turned to Xavion, "Also---I am not putting that tie back on."

    "Come on, I already have to deal with Decimo trying not to kill anyone on the daily." Xavion said. "Just put on the tie."

    "Fuck no, I can put on a bolo tie!"