Chapter 4: The Girl and her Spider PT1

(Opening Theme: Meta Runners S2 OP-Only Up Performed By Lizz Robinet)

-New York Queens, Flushing Main Street-

It had been late in the New Years, the air had been chills as it was on the last day of December. Many of the stores had been ready to close to celebrate the coming New Year. Many of the customers had been ready to check out with the items they had in one of the stores. A familiar young girl had stood at the shelf, looking nervous as she had been looking at a certain item, that didn't appear to have a price tag

A musical pendant by the looks of it.

She had been trying to calm herself, "O-Okay---You can do this..."

She reached and swiped the musical pendant as no one noticed. She looked to the window, noticing a few teens as they gave her the thumbs up though they had a pair of mischievous looks on their faces. They started to talk to her over the walkie.

"Holy hell, dude!"

"I Knew you had the balls on you but never like that!"

"Y-Yeah---I sure did---!" Dream said as she laughed nervously.

"Well get on out here, let's see the goods!" One of them said.

Dream soon went off the line and went to the exit---

"Hey you!"

Dream jumped when she heard a voice. She turned and noticed it had been an officer. "You there, stay where you are." He said.

"We're gonna need to see what's in the bag." His partner said.

"Uh---" Dream started to say before she noticed the teens were already gone, which made her panic a bit more. Without even thinking, she only thought of one thing to do.

"Open up your bag ple---"

Dream bolted out the door before he could finish as the voices and sounds around her became muffled. She ran as fast as she could as she ran down the streets, not bothering to turn back.

By the time she managed to get far enough she found herself in Corona Park, the moon at its peak. She looked at the pendant in hand as she couldn't help but notice how strange it looked. She sat on the bench as she examined it, noticing the key. She even noticed the eye jewel in the shade of blue seemed to be loose. She noticed that there had been something inscribed on the pendant itself.

It had only read one word.

... Lilium.

"Lil---Um?" Dream said, pronouncing it in a strange way.

Curiosity had gotten the better of her as she started to wind the key, before she pressed on the jewel, hearing a click.

She soon heard a soft melody play, she had been taken back by how clear it sounded.

The music was haunting and sad... Yet beautiful to her ears, like someone had been playing art at every moment.

She didn't seem to realize, strange markings appeared in the grass from where she was standing, looking like that of fire. The eye seemed to move as if it had been looking at her, as the markings seemed to circle around her.

As the song kept going, she noticed the eye jewel had glowed. Almost a second later as the clock struck twelve... She had been taken aback by a bright light.