𝗶. 𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐞

✧ June 1990 ✧

✧ June 1990 ✧

MAIA HARKET'S brother once said that once the music finds you, the world is nothing but a rhythmic overflowing river of poetic lyrics and remedial sound of lullabies.

She always thought that he was right. After all, he was in a band himself. And being in A-Ha meant that at least he knew a thing or two about music. There was no point in questioning his wisdom, it might as well make her out to be as some kind of a fool.

Morten Harket was the lead vocalist of A-Ha. Upon discovering his love for the wild world of music, he departed from their family in Norway in order to pave his band's way into success in London. Maia, who was always the perfect shadow of her older brother, whom she loved more dearly than anybody else—–developed the same interest as him. He was the one to have introduced Maia to her first guitar. He was also the one to suggest that she moved to London and stayed with him and his girlfriend Camilla.

She was thirteen when it came about.

You could imagine how this would have brought an ecstatic delight in her, especially knowing that she would be around her brother and his band more often than not. This would ultimately open her up for a greater understanding of the world. Only it took a lengthy convincing in order to soften their parents up to the idea. They considered it for an unusually long period of time. Though they did considered the advantages of education in London, and how it would be able to create her characterisation.

It was a good thing that Morten was always the responsible one of them all, or perhaps, also the apple of their parents' eyes.

If it wasn't for all that, then an eighteen year old Maia wouldn't have been able to attend a Stone Roses gig that very night, and especially not with her best friend in every shape and form possible—Anette Jenkins.

The two met during their schooling years, and became almost inseparable when it was shed to light that they were both music enthusiasts, even more so when they shared a love for the same series of bands.

When they heard that the Stone Roses was playing nearby, it was undoubtedly a no brainer. They had to go.

"God, I'd let him shag me so badly."

The Norwegian girl twitched into a quizzical smile, trying to figure out exactly who Anette was hinting at. "You ever thought about giving out some context beforehand?"

Anette rolled her eyes, clasping herself around the girl from behind and hastily guiding them towards a nearby convenience store. She had recently finished her pack of cigarettes, and was already craving for another.

"Clearly I was talking about Ian Brown." The Londoner clarified with a tone of disbelief, not seeing how her friend could not have put two and two together.

It was already dark out, and they were both relatively exhausted, and also shot with a wave of energy due to the gig. By the time they reached the store, there was a group of guys sitting by the side of the streets and hanging at the sidewalk, all of whom spared a rather stretched seconds of eyes at the two girls.