𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝗽𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀!

AUTHOR'S NOTE
a bit of a short chapter because originally this was written together with the last chapter, but then it was too long combined and I didn't want to drag it out

AUTHOR'S NOTEa bit of a short chapter because originally this was written together with the last chapter, but then it was too long combined and I didn't want to drag it out

✧ 26th September 1994 ✧
Sacramento

"YOUR ROOM OR MINE?"

Liam contemplated for a second, the both of them staring at the number of floors on the buttons of the elevator, blinking gradually.

"Let's do mine." He said, nodding, proud with his answer. He then told her what room he was in.

Maia pressed the button of his floor, and the both of them waited impatiently for the doors to open. They continued to watch the display of floor number increase slowly.

When Maia finally stepped out of the bathroom, away from Noel, she decided that she had enough of drinking and meth that night, telling everybody that she would be headed back to her room. But Liam ran after her, telling the girl that he still owed her a song——and because they were both hysterical, they came up with the plan of taking their fun elsewhere.

The boys took note of this, as well as Noel, who only sipped on his beer silently, shaking his head whilst he watched Liam try to convince the girl to not cut her night short.

Both Maia and Liam stumbled out, dragging themselves down the hallway cluelessly. And she practically flinched when the frontman spoke out of nowhere, unaware of just how loud his voice was. "Why's this fuckin' hall never ending? It's like er fuckin' great wall of china in 'ere."

"Shut up!" She breathed at him, smacking Liam's arm for how jarring he was being. In spite of the fact that he thought he was speaking at a normal volume.

Side note, he definitely wasn't.

He loured, rubbing the numb area of his arm endlessly, and stopping on his feet when Maia came to a halt. She held a hand up, as though she wanted to ask something. Liam waited for a few silent seconds before she voiced out her concern. "We said your room, right?"

Liam blinked, evidently trying to recall the moment in the elevator that occurred less than five minutes ago. "No.." He said dubiously. "We definitely said yours mate."

She stared at him, uncertain if he was in the right. But she decided against questioning his integrity, not that she was much reliable at that moment in that anyway. "Okay." She nodded rigidly, with Liam observing her with a wide grin when she began to wander around the hall for her room number. "Jesus, my room's moved or something. Swear it was on that side this morning."

Liam snorted at her ridiculousness, suppressing how entertaining he found the scene, Maia's eyebrows knitted closely together in concentration——briskly inserting her key card into its place, and shaking the door knob to open it. Only it wasn't working.