𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐨𝐡, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

AUTHOR'S NOTE

OK! Not fully proofread but i absolutely HATED writing this chapter for obvious reasons.. notice the chapter name.if you're a noel girl, seriously, my deepest, most sincerest apologies. and if you're not, then, yay?

anyway. wrote this chapter with A Letter To Elise on repeat, so make that out as how you will, I guess?

COMMENTS! COMMENTS! I will be reading with an evil smile. xx

✧ 11th February 2000✧London, England

London, England

NOSTALGIA was an earthly emotion for Maia Harket. She lay all alone in bed, body paralysed and benumbed whilst she lost coherent sight into the ceiling above, staring and twirling at the dark idly vision above her. She couldn't say she relished in the feeling. Nor could she say she necessarily hated it.

There just wasn't much to look back on. To wish that things would perpetually remain the same, that the impermanence of one's life could be stretched into a prolonged immortality. To always be loved, to be seen. Understood.

To be a part of one's mellowed life until the moons and stars collide, the waves to return into a harmonious community, to no longer crash into their own bodies.

But for as long as she breathed, Maia could not imagine ever wanting to stick around in this life, one, in which was supposedly a blessing. A world where she was adored and bowed upon by those she met. It was, at least, something that she hadn't experienced in a long time. There was a moment when this was all she had ever dreamed of. Back when she, Anette and Carti were each other's found family——when they were nobody but kids with tumultuous dreams, filled with earnest confidence and arrogance. The latter, they all still had. But confidence, pride, and will, managed to slip out of their hands like sands that crumbled past their fingertips.

Being entrapped with her bandmates often did haul her into a sense of sickening nostalgia. It was one of the little things that she hoped would forever stay the same, that no matter the circumstances, or the perilous ways their characters turned against each other, it never failed to make her sit back and smile at the lingering memories of their time together.

It was odd to be together and work not only as a band, but to sit around and witness how much had changed between them. Despite Anette's insistence that she was willing to work around her differences with Carti, it was more than evident that it was merely out of reach. The stars that aligned their bonds were seemingly moving away from one another, and it wasn't hard to unveil them. They did try, though. And for them, that was the most important thing.

Maia sat on the corner of the couch, arms wrapped around her legs, her boyfriend's signature scent enveloping her whole. Noel had given the front woman his sweater before she could leave the house, getting her to promise him that she would ring if anything were to happen—–if she wasn't feeling well. It became quite the ritual, Noel's concerns. He was both delirious and ardently impatient for the two of them to start a family, and also shadowed by the anxiety of how it only made him more cautious of the girl's well-being.