𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞 & 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

✧ 8th December 1994 ✧Manchester

Manchester

"NOW YA ARE
bringing birds to see mam?"

"D'ya reckon mam will like 'er?" Liam perks up with a question, finding every chance to prod Maia, in which she always responds in a swift manner.

She does so by glaring at the younger Gallagher, smacking him in the arm and creating a distance between them. Mostly because she did not want Noel to read too much into it, even though it was already implied by Liam's clothes that she had been wearing, and his Libertines top, their compromising position——that the pair had done something. "I'll twist your balls."

Noel watched thinly as his brother bursted into a gleam at the girl. "Should have done it when ye had me cock in yer hand just now."

"Your mouth needs a zipper." Maia told him off, grimacing at how Liam was casually bringing up the sex right in front of his brother, aware of the fact that she and Noel had slept together before, or that he had gone off to see her last month.

"Or a kiss." Liam teases, nudging at the previous deal of games. Noel could only stare at them in a twist of suspicion, while seemingly feeling his chest grow heavy over Maia's unjust treatment towards him. He really thought that she was slowly easing into having him around.

Maia scoffed, trying her hardest to ignore the older Gallagher, no doubt acknowledging that he would find a way to pull her aside and talk. "Falling in love with me already?"

"Nah. Just a friendly kiss. Mates can snog."

It was then when Maia and Noel shared a glance, because after all, they did share a kiss back in San Francisco. One that had her spinning around in misery, simply because she could not comprehend the unfamiliar sensation she had around him. He saw her and Maia was afraid that she would value him for it.

She rolls her eyes at him, "Sure they can."

Then for a moment, nobody said anything, and in spite of Noel and Liam pretending as though they weren't both chasing after the same girl, the minor tension surrounding them screamed it out in intensity.

"Had no clue ye were in Manchester," said Noel, finally finding the voice to speak to the girl. Before, when he saw her and Liam, he found that maybe he had no desire to make any effort. After all, it was all he had been doing this past month——ringing her endlessly only for it to end in vain. He couldn't see why he should keep that up now. But this was Maia, this was the girl that continued to run through his mind in every other alternate universe, along with this.

Maia sniffed, feigning nonchalance as she dropped her gaze down to her baggy clothes, dusting down her top. "Leaving this evening."

He looked merely disappointed, angered even. Noel pushes himself off the door frame he had been leaning against, giving his brother a short glimpse, as though he was trying to figure out if the reason Maia had gone silent on him was perhaps due to her ultimately deciding that Liam was the better guy for her than he could ever be.