𝐢𝐯. 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨

✧ 26th June 1994 ✧glastonbury

✧ 26th June 1994 ✧
glastonbury

PEOPLE ASSUMED that Noel and Liam Gallagher, Oasis as a whole, would be sweating bricks at the thought of playing Glastonbury that day, their first biggest venue yet.

Only fools thought that way, though. Because they weren't, and it never once occurred to them that they needed to be nervous. They huddled in their room backstage as though it was just another gig, with the tables being covered with lines of cocaine, and the floors tainted with empty crushed cans of beers.

Liam was elated to be playing that day, and everybody could tell by how restless he became. He was extra hysterical, throwing himself on to his mates and making horrendous jokes that left them all clutching their stomachs for more.

And Noel, like he always was in recent days—–was sat with a guitar resting in his lap, strumming like it was the cure to everything he felt.

"I just bumped into Carti." Bonehead says, closing the door behind him. He left earlier to speak to Maggie, their tour manager, and had been gone for a while now.

The boys all lifted their attention to him, and Liam grimaced at the name. The frontman stood on his ground when it came to his opinion, that Christian Cartier was a self-involved twat. He said that it was because of what the Libertines bassist had said about Oasis in one of their interviews. And recently, Carti also commented that the Gallagher brothers were a bunch of self-righteous Mancunians——that they talked a lot for two wannabe rockstars who had no proper experience in actually being one, as opposed to the Libertines trio.

As expected, this would irk both Liam and Noel, who eventually developed a fury dislike towards the Londoner. To them, at least they had the right to be proud of where they were heading towards. Whereas one couldn't be said for him, as they believed that he and Libertines only became a worldwide success by skipping a step, taking a voracious bite out of nepotism and wrapping it with a bow, calling it hard work.

"Nice fella that one." Bonehead went on to say, and the boys took note of the displease that crept up behind the two Gallaghers.

Liam downed his beer, before straightening a hand out at the guitarist, finger pointed. It displayed how drunk he was, and how he thought of the situation. "Fuck 'im. Swear man, i'm going to show that tart what rock 'n roll actually fuckin' is."

"He seems to have a clue to what it is." Tony says, in spite of the hesitation in his voice. They were all aware about the loathing that was directed at the bassist, and the tinge of mixed opinions on the other two girls (which, much to their failure to understand, resulted a lot around the front woman). Even then, Tony McCarroll himself couldn't deny the fact that Libertines was indisputably one of the biggest bands of the decade. The Festival sold out mere moments after tickets were released, and it was all because people were hungry to say that they have watched Libertines perform live at least once in their lifetime.