𝐱𝐯. 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐯𝐬 𝐥𝐲𝐥𝐚

✧ 11th May 1995 ✧Newcastle

✧ 11th May 1995 ✧
Newcastle

"CAN YOU hear me?"

Maia Harket threw a thumbs down through the windowed glass wall that separated the control and the studio room, turning her lips upside down at the bassist. "Getting nothing from you mate."

Cordeel, the band's producer, cracked a knowing smile as he shook his head at the front woman next to him, realising that she was simply pulling a joke on her mate. Carti's microphone was working just fine, and there, the bassist was stood with his bass guitar like a fool, trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

She pretended to fix something from the panel, then lifting her head up ahead. "Give us a shout."

Carti spoke into the microphone again, flinging his arms around when Maia told him that they were still picking up on nothing. "Fucking hell!"

The front woman flinched, instantly blowing her little harmless prank. Anette and Cordeel held in a smile when the bassist glared at the Norwegian girl.

"No bloody shouting into the mic." She warned him, rubbing her ears with a scowl, pained by the jarring screech.

It was the second week of their recording, and by then, they were almost done with all of their tracks. There were still some mixing to do after they were done, and Maia had to be by Cordeel's side throughout the whole production. The band and those around them had high anticipations and expectations when it came to their new album, and it hadn't been entirely easy to continue to live up to the past success——especially since Oasis themselves were creeping up behind them with another expected and wildly victorious album soon, all of which Liam had told her all about.

He filled her in about their recording, that it was meant to take place in Wales in a few weeks time, and that he was beyond eager to step in and get the work done.

Maia tore herself away from the control panel, patting Cordeel on the shoulder so as to say that she was going to leave this one to him, and joining Anette on the couch. The drummer handed her a cold can of beer, only for Maia to decline the offer politely. Instead, she ducked her head down towards the small table in front of them, rushing her nostrils along the line of cocaine that rested on it.

"Soph said she had it developed for you."

The two of them directed their attention towards Callum, not having realised that he had walked into the room, perhaps it was because he had done so in a hushed manner, not wanting to interrupt with anything. The boy held up a small box, straightening them out to Maia.

She grabbed them with a pleased smile, she had gotten quite delighted when Sophie said that she would find the time to send the pictures to be developed. And frankly, there was only a few selected pictures that she was indisputably impatient to see.

They were of Liam.

The Oasis frontman left Newcastle to return back home and to the band just two days after he arrived to see her, and Maia complained that she didn't see the point of him even coming to meet up with her if he was simply going to make another tiresome journey back. But they both knew the answer behind his devout acts.