𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞

AUTHOR'S NOTE
21k words long chapter, no its not read proof because i went out with some friends for drinks and now i'm having the worst time of my fucking life puking.

Dates of the scenes might not make sense for obvious reasons, because I can't. But I really want to post an update so here you go! It's a long and dramatic one, forgive me :D!!

I will go through it again in the morning (or when i'm feeling better and add the dates correctly, but those arent really important, just know it all took place in 2000!)

✧ 8th January 2000✧
London, England

THE LABEL arranged for an urgent meeting. There was the suspicion that they wanted to discuss with Libertines about their future with them, or perhaps, the lack of.

When Libertines first got signed by their label, it was a staggering dream out of ecstasy. They could hardly believe it, in spite of having confidence in their abilities. They always said that they were going to be one of the biggest bands in the world, that they would be the one headlining big events and selling out the biggest stadiums and venues. The label made it happen for them, and they remained together throughout Libertines' peak.

Now that they were facing a downturn, the label no longer thought it benefitted them.

The band was called into the meeting first thing first in the morning, with Maia waking up with sweat dripping down her neck, the bed scalding cold from the absenteeism of a certain somebody.

It had been four days since Noel Gallagher walked out of their house and committed against stepping back inside. He never bothered to take any of his belongings, his clothes, anything. He left with his own benumbed limbs and clenched heart. She had yet to hear from him—–but it appears that Liam and Oasis heard all about it.

Including Peggy.

She received a call from the Oasis frontman, and upon picking up, the first thing he asked was is it true? She couldn't tell whether there was an earnest curiosity and concern, or whether he had his own intentions. Regardless of what it was, Maia refused to speak to him, claiming that she was not in the mood to discuss anything in regard to Noel Gallagher. She hung up on him before he could say anything else, omitting his calling after her before the line went dead.

Peggy contacted her shortly after he did, and Maia tried her hardest not to turn the older woman down. But she was feeling soulless. Maia forced herself to listen to what the Gallagher woman had to say—–the distinct worries she displayed, and Peggy's anticipation that the two of them would figure something out together and patch their relationship, emphasising that she was family, and that Noel was ardently in love with her.

The whole conversation wore her down. Maia could envision herself entrapped underneath the ocean, the surface glassed down, and her being unable to escape the tides and the suffocation. The water creeps its way into her nostrils, her throat swollen with stinging rashes as it makes its way into her body.