𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞

AUTHOR'S NOTE
not fully proof read because i did it while i was half asleep, but 10k reads!! i literally love all of you and your comments, it's so entertaining to go through and it makes me so happy xx

another long chapter.

anyway, heads up, shit starts going downhill from here. enjoy!! x

✧ 16th August 1998✧London, England

✧ 16th August 1998✧
London, England

LIBERTINES' fourth album was the boost of confidence that Maia Harket required all along, it was spectacularly brilliant for somebody who claimed that she had lost touch of her talents.

Then again, she wouldn't have managed to dig herself out of the casket of death had it not been for the Mancunian song writer, who nursed Maia back into the soft reality, protecting her from all the weaponised criticism that lodged bullets into her trembling heart.

It was also a shame that it was limited. The boastful pride soon waned back underneath the carpet, those ability of drawing millions of pictured words into a plain paper no longer seemed to exist. It was like they came for a greet goodbye, and disappeared.

Noel, of course, observed the disheartened demeanour of the Norwegian's, her agitated cries of melancholy and Maia's imploding self-confidence. It didn't get nearly as easier than before, having to watch one's star fall and burn into an orange disarray. He thought that he could help her just as he did last time, but it only failed in vain.

The prospect of Maia's return was rather dull, almost non-existent. She was the lurking woman in the darkness of the room, a symbolism of faded vitality. The perilous pills and powdered substances found home in the front woman's bloodstream, typically heavier than usual. And Noel was feeling helpless.

Maia felt obligated to work things out on her own, to fix her strained relationship with the label and make up for her mistakes. It wasn't always like that—–she often told them to fuck off and let her do things at her pace, that she was the mastermind behind the band, and that they were nothing but men with fancy unbearable ideas and money.

It was not to say that she didn't give them the same attitude with the fourth album. She did, and that was why their relationship became rotten and complexed. The label was finally able to take advantage of her failures and turn themselves into the far superior authority, whilst she tried to mend those defeat. But upon realising that their new album became a commercial success, Maia Harket no longer wanted to take things easy. She ached to the prove to herself and those around her that she still had more in her, that Maia wasn't slowing down any time soon.

She wanted to slam her name and talents into the label's faces for ever doubting her, while also wanting to piece back together the shattered relationship. After all, they needed a label, and they had been with the same one for the longest of time. They were family, or so she thought. Because the way they handled her misfortunes proved otherwise, but Maia was going to make them pay for it.