𝐱. 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗳#! 𝗻𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗼𝘀

✧ 1st November 1994 ✧San Francisco

San Francisco

BRINGING a boy to dinner with your brother and his wife unexpectedly isn't ideal. It is much less ideal when the boy is the same person you lost your virginity to, and the boy whose brother you had also slept with mere days before.

This boy was Noel Gallagher, and Maia was beginning to dread the thought of introducing the Oasis boy to her brother, Morten.

In her defense, she had no idea that Morten and Camilla Harket would be travelling to San Francisco in order to surprise her and the band, showing up backstage an hour before their show. And she also had no clue that they would be grabbing dinner together.

If she had, then Maia would have come up with a more rational plan. Instead, as she panicked, Maia had no choice but to get Noel to drop by at the restaurant. He would be arriving in San Francisco by then, and he wouldn't be able to head to the hotel because he didn't have a room, nor did he have a key to Maia's hotel room.

Noel would have to go and see her for all of that, but Maia was constrained—–unable to get up and leave the dinner. It would have been rude to Morten and Camilla, her two bandmates included. That, and it would have been distinctly suspicious.

Maia simply had to face the night. And the thought of doing so was making her antsy for some reason. She was afraid of what Morten would say, even though he was widely aware of his half-sister's publicised sex life. Because even though she had her fair share of casual partners, she was yet to introduce any to him, and that meant that Noel would be the first one.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Camilla suddenly asked, tearing away from the lengthy conversation they were all having. The exact same one that Maia Harket was detached from, as she attentively stared at the door of the restaurant, her fingers tightly intertwined with one another, lips pressed into a thin line.

She looked as though there was a lot on her mind, and nobody at the table failed to notice it.

Maia lifted her eyes away from the entrance, landing them on her sister-in-law, who was sat with Morten, across from her. "Something like that." She mumbled as she sipped on her drink.

Morten furrowed his eyebrows, confused why she would be expecting anybody in that exact moment, considering that she was out for dinner with them. But it was Anette who spoke up first, beating the bassist from doing so.

"Who the fuck has you staring for their presence like that?" The drummer questioned in amusement, lips curved into a profound smile at the sight of an unusually antsy Maia Harket. "And you're also shitting your arse off."

"Shut up. You'll know when he comes."

"He?" Morten asked, mortified by the pronoun. For as long as they had grown up together, when Maia would live with him and Camilla in London——even when she went off to be with Libertines, she has never once brought a boy over to come and meet him. And so the out of the blue information took him utterly off guard, he found that he was both curious and eager to see who it was.