❝𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑❞

AUTHOR'S NOTE
looooooong article/interview.. and LETTERS chapter! surrounds the events of the year 2000-2002 (this only covers half of the events?)

anyway.. again, your reactions brings me evil happiness!

NOTE: Remember that Elijah fella, yeah, I've changed his name, he goes by Irwin May now.

enjoy x

LIBERTINES DEFLOWERS FROM VIRGIN RECORDS!

The British Rock Band cuts ties with their faithful label!

The band was formed in 1990, in the very streets of London, influenced by the flurry of kaleidoscope of Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Stones Roses——Libertines' cold dream mutated into a psychedelic reality. Cocky, shabby, and roused with cosmic potential, the band was spotted by Virgin Record's very own Gerry Branson, who claimed that Libertines was unlike anything he had seen before.

In a interview back in 1991, just shortly after the band released their debut album, Mystic Eye, Branson welcomes his prodigies as Britain's upcoming rockstars. He says; "When I met the band, I was surprised to find that they were boosted with arrogance. They were assertive and hot-headed for some band that nobody knew about. They were playing at some local club, for goodness sake, and when I came up to them after their gig, I said—–'Brilliant! You lot were fucking brilliant!' and they could not give a crack about what I thought, asked me if I had cigarettes. It was a bunch of big personalities for kids like themselves, but it made them rockstars, they stood out from everyone else. It was the girl [Maia Harket] who caught my attention first, I couldn't comprehend just how great her stage presence was, she had this look on her face that you can just never figure out. Imagine my shock when I find out her brother's the lead singer of A-Ha! This band, Libertines——it's rock, it's perfect, soul-catching rock, these kids were smoking cigarettes on stage, tossing each other cans of beers, off causing problems for everybody in the crowd—–and you have A-Ha, synth-pop, clean, pretty boys. Maia and Morten are two different people with two different bands. They are nothing alike. These kids, Libertines, they were the start of something different, I knew it from the moment I saw them walk on stage."